Straight Talk

Courtney Reed

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok. I have read thread after thread on this subject. And I am just getting more confused. I have a Samsung Galaxy SIII through AT&T. When I called straight talk they said this phone was compatible with the program. So I bought the ATT compatible straight talk sim through walmart. It was a normal sim card. So I couldn't use it. I need a micro sim. When I called straight talk today, they told me my phone wasn't compatible because it went through ATT. Big question, is it compatible, and if so what do I do to set this stuff up? Any help would be awesome. And dumb it down...I can be dense :)

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I know that you can buy a Sim card cutter (on eBay < $10 or elsewhere online) that can cut a regular sized SIM card into a micro sized. Some people have cut it by hand. Don't know if the phone will work or not on ST. As far as I understand, as the phone is a GSM phone and should work. I don't believe it needs to be unlocked either (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I know that you can buy a Sim card cutter (on eBay < $10 or elsewhere online) that can cut a regular sized SIM card into a micro sized. Some people have cut it by hand. Don't know if the phone will work or not on ST. As far as I understand, as the phone is a GSM phone and should work. I don't believe it needs to be unlocked either (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

You can get an ST mirco sim card from walmart.com

Straight Talk AT&T Compatible Micro SIM w/ $45 AirTime Card ($5 Savings): Cell Phones : Walmart.com

Or buy it a lone if you already have a month's worth of service. You can also use ANY att phone with this sim. Including the S3 right out of the box.

wickedcontra

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Im on straight talk with an att s3.
i been with them for about 7 months.
i bought the micro sim from them but theres something going on with staight talk now.
you cant find att phones or the att micro sim on their site.
we dont know if they are going to discontinue the service to att phones or what.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci