How do I put apps on phone, files on sd card?

grandorse

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
It only took me 3 days to run out of room on my new galaxy s3. I know some of what is on there is garbage from trying to sync with my imac. I now have an sd card that does show up so I know it's formatted correctly etc. but I can't download any apps because there is no room on my phone. I went into the file manager and did what I could there, but there must be a lot of files that don't show up there. ATT's tech support couldn't help me. I can't believe I'm the only one who want to do this. Shouldn't all the songs, contacts etc. be on the sd card so that there is room on the phone for apps? I'd appreciate any help.

CyclingVinnie

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Ideally it would be great to move apps tot eh external SD card but the SG3 dont let you. Why I dont know...

What I did was move all my songs and videos/movies there. For music i use the app called Poweramp Pro. It lets you pic folders that have your music in them. I have it going to that folder on my sd card. Same thing for movies, I use MX Player.

For my camera app, I use Camera Zoom (FX I think) it lets you store photos and videos it takes on the SD card

grandorse

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I hardly have any apps at all and have all my music and pictures on my sd card but I still have no room to download anything. Is there a way to move contacts to the sd card and have them work in the phone app?

Voliam

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Ideally it would be great to move apps tot eh external SD card but the SG3 dont let you. Why I dont know...

What I did was move all my songs and videos/movies there. For music i use the app called Poweramp Pro. It lets you pic folders that have your music in them. I have it going to that folder on my sd card. Same thing for movies, I use MX Player.

For my camera app, I use Camera Zoom (FX I think) it lets you store photos and videos it takes on the SD card

The SIII has nothing to do with the ability to move apps to SD. That is app/ developer dependent.

Voliam

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I hardly have any apps at all and have all my music and pictures on my sd card but I still have no room to download anything. Is there a way to move contacts to the sd card and have them work in the phone app?

Contacts take up insignificant space on your phone- KBs rather than MBs. While you can export your contacts to the SD card, the phone doesn't access them from there, it just backs up your contacts. You must be confusing "phone" storage with "SD" storage. Look at <storage> under the <settings> menu. It shows both locations, "Device memory" and "SD card", with a list of categories and the space they are using. You should find your music and pictures are actually stored in "Device memory" if you have no room left. You have to physically transfer those files to the SD card using a file manager type app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae