How to Move Photos to other Albums?

richv77

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to move photos/pictures between existing albums? I cannot find the Organize album option in Jelly Bean.

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I use File Manager. You can create folders in the picture folder. Each folder is the equivalent of an album when you view in the gallery. File Manager allows you to move/delete multiple files at the same time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Voliam

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
The Gallery app does not have that feature. I use Quickpic, which has greater functionality including the ability to create folders, and move files/pics among those folders. You also have the option of installing it to your SD card, and pictures taken will store automatically in the app.

richv77

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I downloaded Quickpic and it looks very nice. When I try to rename a picture it tells me the media scanner is busy and to try again in a few minutes. Even though Quickpic shows that I moved the file, when I go to my Gallery I don't see the move picture in the same folder. Any ideas?

-Rich

rossnovak123

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I found a work around for this using the native gallery app. First create a new album then drag a pic to it and click move. After the picture is moved you'll still be in the screen where you can drag pictures between albums. Wish we could just have direct access to this screen but it is what it is. Hope this helps!

mdsajid2

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much!! It was really a great help...Now I can move files and folder easly. In Android 2.3, it was by default feature. But 4.2, they have removed this feature.

RonAnnARbor

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
You know this DOES work from the native gallery right?

Make sure you are on the screen where your albums are listed along the left column. Open the album you want and find the photo you want. Select it. Then touch and hold it until it minimizes and you can drag it to whatever album you want.

Larg

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I just did that and nothing happened. Photo minimized, album I dragged it to expanded, dropped it. Nothing. On Note 10.1

Jexotic

May 4, 2014
Visit site
The feature depends more on the phone than the android version. You can use ES File Explorer. Worked for me, back in the days. 😊

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums!
Hi, can you tell me how to access the left hand column layout in gallery? I've used it before but can't get back there. Thanks.
At the very top of the Gallery app do you have the 'Album' view selected?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

SilverfireUK

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying to scoot some photos across for 10 mins - I have them selected - they won't move!! - Thank you - just as simple as holding until they minimise!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy