Sent text messages disappear, I can no longer take screen shots, AND snap chat inbox doesn't work

Pilnock

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I, of course, have a Galaxy S3 with AT&T as my carrier, and today it decided to rebel against me.

Text messages go through/are sent, but no longer display. They don't show up at all after hitting send. I use the default message application.
Further, when I attempt to screen shot anything, it frames the screen and makes the sound, but there are no new files under the screen shot folder (or anywhere else)

I already restarted my phone. Google isn't very helpful, and I'm really hoping someone here can help me figure this out!

[edit]
Third, but hopefully unrelated problem, is that snapchat keeps notifying me of new pictures, but there is nothing in the feed. They aren't false notifications, but for whatever reason, my inbox won't populate. I have full service, and other internet/mobile data apps are working fine.

[edit]
A soft reset (holding the power and volume up buttons) solved the screen shot issue. Text messages still vanish, and the snapchat inbox is still unresponsive.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I, of course, have a Galaxy S3 with AT&T as my carrier, and today it decided to rebel against me.

Text messages go through/are sent, but no longer display. They don't show up at all after hitting send. I use the default message application.
Further, when I attempt to screen shot anything, it frames the screen and makes the sound, but there are no new files under the screen shot folder (or anywhere else)

I already restarted my phone. Google isn't very helpful, and I'm really hoping someone here can help me figure this out!

[edit]
Third, but hopefully unrelated problem, is that snapchat keeps notifying me of new pictures, but there is nothing in the feed. They aren't false notifications, but for whatever reason, my inbox won't populate. I have full service, and other internet/mobile data apps are working fine.

[edit]
A soft reset (holding the power and volume up buttons) solved the screen shot issue. Text messages still vanish, and the snapchat inbox is still unresponsive.

Try turning off your phone and rebooting into recovery to wipe the phone's cache. Hold volume up, home and power at the same time. I find it works best when you hold the volume and home keys first then power. Release when you see Samsung logo. This brings up the recovery screen. you can navigate the highlighted bar using the volume buttons and select with either power or home. Scroll down to wipe cache partition, and hit select. then hit reboot device.
This method is similar to a factory reset, but a little better. You don't lose all your data, and a factory reset wipes cache anyway. A factory reset should be used as a last resort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12