Would it be worth trading my s3 for a note?

perithimus

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the opportunity to trade my Pebble Blue Galaxy s3 for a Note. I like the notes screen size and use of the s pen, but I am not sure if it's an even trade. I love my s3 though, and was wondering what you guys thought. Thanks.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion, and after owning the original note as wekl as the S3, I would have to say that that os a deal that may be favoring your friend.

I also like the s pen and now have a note 2.

The reasoning behind my conclusion is the sole fact of the hardware. The S3 has the quad core processor and 2 gb of ram just to name two items.

But don't get me wrong, the original note can still be a usable everyday device for most people, but I see a fair trade as possibly a S3 for a note 2 straight across.

The note 2 was standard with jelly bean like the S3, and the hardware specs compare favorably between the two. Price wise, they were about the same when new as well.

I mean a S3 for a note, plus maybe a nice case or accessory would be a better deal for you. More even in my opinion.

It's not wrong to fondle the s pen.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Don't do it. As previously mentioned you would be going backwards in technology. The note is still a great device but if I were you I would look to trade the s3 plus some cash for the note 2. It would be worth throwing 50-100 with the s3 to get a note 2.

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion, and after owning the original note as wekl as the S3, I would have to say that that os a deal that may be favoring your friend.

I also like the s pen and now have a note 2.

The reasoning behind my conclusion is the sole fact of the hardware. The S3 has the quad core processor and 2 gb of ram just to name two items.

But don't get me wrong, the original note can still be a usable everyday device for most people, but I see a fair trade as possibly a S3 for a note 2 straight across.

The note 2 was standard with jelly bean like the S3, and the hardware specs compare favorably between the two. Price wise, they were about the same when new as well.

I mean a S3 for a note, plus maybe a nice case or accessory would be a better deal for you. More even in my opinion.

It's not wrong to fondle the s pen.

The US AT&T GS3 i747 has a 1.5GHz Dual Core processor.

Trading an AT&T GS3 for a Note 2 is great trade. I have many friends that wish that they had spent the extra $ on getting a Note 2 last year over the GS3. If the trade is a GS3 for the original Note, then not so much.

RayMabry

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
If it were a Note 2, I'd say go for it if you think the features offered by that vs the Galaxy S3 would suit your needs more. But I would never trade a new model for an older one. The step backwards just isn't worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
If it were a Note 2, I'd say go for it if you think the features offered by that vs thewould make Galaxy S3 would suit your needs more. But I would never trade a new model for an older one. The step backwards just isn't worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Right.

Also the Note 2 is a great buy now that its a lot cheaper.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463