Switched from htc vivid to galaxy s3

rae2u_112

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't due for an upgrade until July; but as time went on, my Vivid was behaving worse and worse. Luckily I came across the right CSR who hooked me up with the fully discount upgrade price. So....I got the Galaxy S3. Boy...the battery life is like 100% better than the Vivid. With the Vivid, I felt like I practically kept it charging 80% of the day. Not does the Galaxy S3 keep a charge longer, but it charges FAST. I think I could actually get through a whole day without charging the battery. Woot Woot!

Ok...so....one thing that I hope they fix with the MUCH ANTICIPATED update...is the external store a.k.a. sd card. What is up with not being able to save downloaded ringtones and wallpapers that are downloaded from apps to the sd card as a default? I have googled this issue several times hoping that someone found a trick to save downloaded media (wallpapers, music, ringtones, pics...etc...) to the sd card. But...no luck. I know you can move everything from the interal to external storage...but honestly...who wants to do that all the time?

Questions...what is the best and easiest way to move these files? I have used file managers to move apps on my Vivid...but I didn't have to manage every downloaded file. Which apps are you all using to do this? Or does anyone have any special tips or tricks they have successfully done?

**Note...I'm aware this has been posted or asked before....but it takes FOREVER to scroll through to find the best options for doing what I need or want to do. So..please...refrain from sarcastic and rude replies. Just help a fellow Galaxy sista out.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Google changed a lot with Android with ICS. A lot of manufactures are moving away from External SD cards so Google accommodated. Apps to External SD is no longer available. The External SD is primarily used for your Music, Movies and Photos. That said you can use the MyPhoneExplorer app with your PC to move the files to the External SD. MyPhoneExplorer for the PC is also needed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1