Samsung Galaxy S3 Volume going crazy

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm also having this issue on my OPO CM11 Android 4.4.4. It's so god damn annoying!

Exactly, I don't think this problem is limited to Samsung. I have the same issue with OPO cm11s every time I connect my earphones, the volume just goes all the way down, and I can only fix it using the physical volume buttons. But them it happens again when it goes to the next track.

SarahLane91

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my Galaxy S5 mini. When the phone is unlocked you can see the volume control sliding down by itself. Everytime I turn it up it goes back down, or sometimes lasts a couple of minutes and then goes back down. It is driving me crazy!

Would a phone reboot fix this issue?

guyinthai

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm here because I am having the same problem, volume shooting down to 0 while I'm using headphones. Sometimes I cannot move it up and sometimes I can only to have it drift back down. My phone is about 2 weeks old so I can't imagine anything other than a problem with the phone (more likely the headphones).

It looks like people have reported this as happening with other headphones as well and that isn't promising because then it points to the phone. Ugh.

emailrob

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue running CM12 (lollipop). I was running on Saturday, it was fine for a while when using rock my run.

I swapped for some different music to google music, and it started happening again. I put volume up to 80%, put it back in my holder, and it pushes it back to 0. I can repeat it and literally see it pulling the volume slider down. No case on, so nothing is interrupting it at all.

I'll try the volume locker thing above, but its at the point where I may have to take my work iPhone with me running. Oh the horror!

METLSHPR

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue running CM12 (lollipop). I was running on Saturday, it was fine for a while when using rock my run.

I swapped for some different music to google music, and it started happening again. I put volume up to 80%, put it back in my holder, and it pushes it back to 0. I can repeat it and literally see it pulling the volume slider down. No case on, so nothing is interrupting it at all.

I'll try the volume locker thing above, but its at the point where I may have to take my work iPhone with me running. Oh the horror!

Any fixes? S5 here and as I'm using slacker with head phones in. Volume randomly lowers. Soooo frustrating! !!!

robinson_victor

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi
Download and buy license from "SOUNDABOUT"
1. Enable it
Update the below
2. Call volume to EAR PIECE

3. Media to SPEAKER

everything will be ok...after many year it has worked for my HTC ONE E9PLUS

adrian2608

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Is this phone dependable or You just write something wrong victor? Already testing some options few weeks ago with soundabout. I also have the same problem as whole thread people, and this don't work.

Maybe a better description?

mrshopem

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
My Galaxy s5 is doing this, without headphones being used. I notice it only when I'm using the Periscope app, because I put the volume to the max (b/c otherwise I can't hear well, I guess the people speaking aren't talking loud enough. Lol) and then the volume keeps dropping by itself! I have to keep my finger on the volume Up button to constantly keep putting it back to max b/c my phone keeps dropping to 75% volume. I think it could possibly be happening when other people comment in the stream, maybe creating some sort of notification sound that I'm not even hearing.

adrian2608

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Volume going crazy (solved)

To ALL of You it solves the problem!

Instal SOUNDABOUT with PRO I mean You must buy it, then go to Wired Headset settings and have checked "Wired headset detection", and "Plug-in Volume On/Off", rest settings should be off. Nothing more, it seems that this is a problem with MIC.

I made few tests, believe before it maybe runs 15 minutes and the crazyiness happens after it runs 2h nothing!
I made also a test today when running at 34 celsius temperature, Work's like a harm!
I was hopeless but this solves everything (even Official Samsung Service in My City don't do NOTHING, idiots). My phone Galaxy S3 LTE I9305.

Regards!

Kostas Stathis

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Volume going crazy (solved)

to all of you it solves the problem!

Instal soundabout with pro i mean you must buy it, then go to wired headset settings and have checked "wired headset detection", and "plug-in volume on/off", rest settings should be off. Nothing more, it seems that this is a problem with mic.

I made few tests, believe before it maybe runs 15 minutes and the crazyiness happens after it runs 2h nothing!
I made also a test today when running at 34 celsius temperature, work's like a harm!
I was hopeless but this solves everything (even official samsung service in my city don't do nothing, idiots). My phone galaxy s3 lte i9305.

Regards!

thank you so much!!!!!!!!!

Ronhol

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
My Samsung Note 4 started turning the volume off automatically today.
I noticed it seems like it does it when the bluetooth is on.
I haven't used headphones lately, just the bluetooth for the phone.

adrian2608

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi again,

TO ALL OF YOU. Because I write above that unchecking mic in wire-set settings solve the problem. NOT. And this is even more strange now for Me.

It was good a long time, I mean relatively to that what was earlier. And then, it occurs. Don't know why, just like that.
OK first I just wipe data, make new system (I use custom ones, Nameless, Slim, Cyanogenmod 12.1, 11, etc) and yep this fix it.
Then it occurs. The same as above, but then it doesn't fix it. NO WAY. Ok so I decide to write stock, original firmware from Samsung via Odin, then flash clockwork recovery, and from clockwork flash one of the custom roms (Nameless is the best). And yep, fixed. I think, well it;s not good to do this all the time, but at least it work's after. UNTIL yesterday. It get wrong again. Even flashing 2-3 times original software then any of the above custom DON'T fix it. No way. I was speechless. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS PHONE FOR GODS SAKE! But I calm down, go back to this thread, and read one more time post from robinson-victor, mainly:

"1. Enable it
Update the below
2. Call volume to EAR PIECE

3. Media to SPEAKER"

And think it off, because something is off here, when You change in sound about "media to speaker" You have music from phone speaker, and not in headphones. But I think that just victor think about headphones and mistakenly write speaker.

On My other headphones which are Philiphs MusicSeal this problem don't occur at ALL!! This is strange because they have a controller and mic inside. As the little one's which are Smokin Buds 2. Bud Smokin Buds 2, 1 sec after plug make those crazy volume decreasing. Ok I just have them (Smokin Buds) plugged, and change (as victor mention) only PHONE CALL AUDIO to EARPIECE. And craziness STOPS (without any new wiping, flashing, resetting) just stops, and work's like a charm. Maybe this is the REAL solution. We will see, please try, and share Your results. Horrible thing to a person who can't go running without music. Eh
Cheers to all :)

P.S Tested a bit further, it work's, but You must activate, deactivate the option which I mention, few times, then the crazy thing stops.

Last edited:

Charpeyton

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Mine does the same thing. Samsung was awful about it. I sent it back and they wouldn't fox it because I had a hairline crado on the back panel. I've just learned to live with it.

Has anybody had the volume going up and down independent of them touching it? It's like someone else is controlling it. I can't listen to music at all without the volume mysteriously fluctuating. Any help would be great! Thanks.

Scott

teamshope

May 11, 2016
Visit site
I started using earbuds without a microphone and that solved the issue. So we think it's an update issue? I KNOW it's a Samsung problem because my tablet and phone have had the same trouble with different headphones/earbuds with mikes.

Last edited:

chygmin

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
Has anybody had the volume going up and down independent of them touching it? It's like someone else is controlling it. I can't listen to music at all without the volume mysteriously fluctuating. Any help would be great! Thanks.

Scott

I don't know if I'm having he same problem. My volume button is already broken. It doesn't reach the small two buttons under it. So I just taped it to my phone and left it there. Until today, I took it off 'cause I was playing and then all of a sudden the volume control would appear/pop up and suddenly it gets decreased or increased. I don't know if it's some kind of ghost touch or not or if the small buttons (of the volume) got stuck or whatsoever. I just want this resolved. It's hard to use this phone if it's like this.

I used assistive touch (an app) to control my volume 'cause again as I have said it's broken.

Help me ;;

pryor major2017

Mar 19, 2018
Visit site
Ya this thing keep on happening to me too. But the thing is I don't have a Samsung Galaxy s3 . I have an HTC desire 530 and it's like my phone is being hacked and controlled by someone else. I read online that It would be from me listening to the volume too high with my headphones. But when it gives me the warning I put it down to the safe level but just kept going up and down. I'm probably gonna take it to the phone carrier company store and report this cause this is bad.

RolandStone

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
The same bug happens on other makes and models of phone and iits not just headphones, it also happens while streaming Google Play or Spotify to my car via Bluetooth. Volume Lock apps don't prevent it, they struggle to restore the volume after the annoying drop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude