APN Settings for sending pictures on AT&T?

Simplifly

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just switched to an AT&T Go-Phone $25 monthly plan (250Min. Talk / Unlimited Text, Pictures & Video / No Data) on my factory unlocked cell phone. The AT&T store setup the SIM card and handed it to me without touchng my phone or knowing what phone it was going in. Strange, but they didn't seem to care what GSM phone I was going to put it in. I don't use ANY data or internet on my phone.

Popped the SIM in with no issues for Talk & Text, but can't send or receive Pictures. My unbranded factory unlocked phone is completely blank in the APN settings. I see the "+ New APN" option with a long list of fields to enter

Do you know what I need to enter for JUST the ability to send and receive Pictures in Text messages?

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thx.​

Simplifly

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It may help to know which variant of the S3 you have. Model number would be great.
Just checked their web site. The $25.00 plan does not include MMS (picture and video) because of no Data. Only SMS (text).
Prepaid Cell Phone Plans, GoPhone Plans, & Prepaid Smartphone plans from AT&T

The non-smart phone (Quick Messaging & Basic Phone Plans) $25 monthly AT&T GoPhone prepay includes 250 minutes and unlimited text, pictures and video according to their brochure. Data is charged on a per use basis (I use no data).

For smart phones (Smartphone Plans) they want you to add at least a $5 per month 50MB data package to use a smart phone, so it's technically $30 for a smart phone.

I use no data and don't want my phone connected to the internet in any way, plus I use only outright purchased factory unlocked cell phones (this one is a SG S3), so there is no APN information in them because they are not branded. There should be a simple setting/entry that will allow picture transfer via the text function for the AT&T network that can be set/entered. I'd prefer to save the extra $5 per month for a data package I will not use.

Simplifly

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Simplifly

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Entered their settings manually, but couldn't get it to work. :(

I hate to call or go to an ATT store to resolve this, as that will surely require a smart phone plan with the extra $5 minimum per month. Maybe that is the only way I will be able to do this? The APN Protocol is preset to "IPv4" with no ability to change it. I can't put "WAP 2.0" in there with this phone (guesing that is the non-smartphone protocol that is needed with this non-smartphone plan?).

Trying my Factory Unlocked International Samsung Galaxy S DUOS (S7562L) now. It has been approved for use on ATT in the US. Looks like the same issue with it at this point though...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63