vibate on vibrate and sounds ONLY on sound

timwilliams916

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I apologize if the answer is out there, but I just can't find it. I have had my Galaxy S3 for almost a year now and the one thing that drives me nuts is the fact that it vibrates with every alert unless all alerts are turned off. It seems so simple...when I have it set to make sound, I do not want it to vibrate and if I want it to vibrate, I set it to vibrate. I have tried turning off vibration, but that turns it off altogether so it doesn't even vibrate when set to vibrate (if that makes any sense).

This, to me, is one of the biggest flaws in an otherwise awesome phone. Any help is greatly appreciated!

harryg27

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
This bothers me so much. The Skyrocket had the option to do this, so why can't its successor? It's just something I've had to get used to.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
You would need to turn off the Vibration within the App that is causing the Vibration. E-mail, SMS and other apps have their own setting for Vibrate. If on it will vibrate even with the phone vibrate turned off.

timwilliams916

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
That turns it off altogether, so it won't even vibrate when the phone is set on vibrate. I want it to vibrate when set to vibrate and sound ONLY when set on sound.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star