Go SMS Pro is at it again

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
My incoming text msg ringtone keeps doubling again. One ring from Go SMS Pro, and one from notifications. Can't turn off only one. It's annoying as hell, and i can't figure out the settings. HELP, please.:confused:

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
My incoming text msg ringtone keeps doubling again. One ring from Go SMS Pro, and one from notifications. Can't turn off only one. It's annoying as hell, and i can't figure out the settings. HELP, please.:confused:

GOSMS settings> receive settings> check "disable other message notification"

Posted via Android Central App

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
GOSMS settings> receive settings> check "disable other message notification"

Posted via Android Central App

That doesn't do it. In "Test Notification", i have ?Ringtone On, Vibration On?GO SMS Test Notification? Ringtone On, Vibration Off. One of those, that say On, should be Off. :confused:

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Have you disabled the stock messaging app?

Yes. It's disabled and "frozen" with Titanium Back-up. How about if i wipe all my data from GO SMS Pro, and start over? There are too many settings on this damn app. What if i switched to the "Lite" version?:confused:

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
O.K. Maybe this will help. The notification sound only "doubles", when i get an mms, not when i get a sms. No picture, no doubling. Hope that gives you an idea.:confused:

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
O.K. Maybe this will help. The notification sound only "doubles", when i get an mms, not when i get a sms. No picture, no doubling. Hope that gives you an idea.:confused:

I believe that might be a problem with the GoSMS app itself when you have a notification tone set for an individual and they send you an MMS. You should contact the developer(although their track record of responding to problems is not that good).
It happens to me too, but I really never paid attention to it until now.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion, the double notifications sounds on MMS are not that big of a deal. GoSMS works really well otherwise, especially handling pictures better than the stock messaging app.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion, the double notifications sounds on MMS are not that big of a deal. GoSMS works really well otherwise, especially handling pictures better than the stock messaging app.

I agree, that's why i'm cutting them some slack. Contacted the Dev, and we'll see what happens.:p

Dumb1

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I keep getting these such and such wants to be your friend through go chat. Anyway to turn this off? I uninstalled the app because i wasnt sure of the spam.

polapola

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem too. I tried setting it in default settings but still the same thing. It sucks. I joined this forum trying to ask for help. :(

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem too. I tried setting it in default settings but still the same thing. It sucks. I joined this forum trying to ask for help. :(

I'm still waiting to hear from the developer about this issue. In the meantime, here's a work around that might help. Disable only the sounds within GO SMS Pro, and use the stock messaging app for your sounds. It's not a drain on your battery, and should work until the main problem gets fixed.:)

studmule

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I think the issue is this: when a mms comes in from someone, go sms pro thinks it's a sms. then it realizes that it's actually a mms, and moves it out of a thread for just who sent it, and moves it to a thread for everyone in that mms. So it notifies you when it comes in, then when it realizes it's a mms, it notifies you that you have a new mms. I would watch mms messages come in, it would first put the message in the thead of whoever sent it, then it would move it out of there and put it into the proper mms thread, and notify me both times. I worked around it by installing an unofficial jellybean 4.2 rom, which has group messaging built in to the stock messaging app. Now mms works fine for me with the stock messaging app.

1 phoenix_thekat

Nov 11, 2018
Visit site
I literally just fixed this problem for some reason there are multiple new message notifications switches go to:
Settings
Apps
Go sms pro
Notifications (tap)
Uncheck all but one new message switch
Done

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome