Lost my Personal Dictionary on my GS3 which is soooo slow now

Martin Dias

May 28, 2013
Visit site
i am beginning to hate my GS3. Only 6 months since i bought it and it's slowed down to a crawl. My mates all showing off their Iphone 5 which zzip along at the rate of knots.

How can I improve performance and get back my personal dictionary which inexplicably disappeared about a month ago? I have been through a number of forum threads but can't find the solution.

I use swype keyboard and my Op Sys is the most recent 4.1.2. i have tried to find out the version of Swype i have but there is no way i seem to be able to do that. the version that comes with the most recent update i suppose.

I have tried going to Setting/Language Inputs/Samsung Keyboard/ then click on the gear/predictive text but i get a list starting 'Personalised data, Learn from Facebook, Learn From Gmail etc - no option for a persona dictionary which I understand was called My Words.

I was using swype and the personalised dictionary very well with only the occasional faux pas

If i get answer to this I'll then see if I can work out why Skye doesn't work with my ear piece, why Kies wireless doesn't do a back up and why the battery life is lamentable. Or....should i just go for the Iphone5?

Help :cool:

Martin Dias

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Was overwhelmed by the response. .......

Did a factory reset....personal dictionary restored! Now have to deal with the failure of Kies to restore the back up which only succeeded in backing up after 4 attempts over over 3 wasted hours.

Think I'll start saving for the IPhone 5 Street I have worked out why my phone now says 'the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped' which has suddenly appeared. Oh the wonders of modern technology!