Phone shut itself down and now stuck in boot

glitchgod

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Just watched YouTube and switched to my tablet and boom the phone shuts down....maybes the battery died nope I had it charging till the light came on.
Now it loads up all the screens but instead on the home coming up it loads up the Samsung logo and the logo is pulsing.
Help I left it for about 10mins seeing if maybe work its way through but isn't.
I already took out the battery for 3 mins and restarted it and same. Help

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Since a battery pull didn't work, try a factory reset. With the phone off, press (at the same time) and hold the volume UP, home and power buttons. Hold them until the Samsung logo appears, then release them all. (Note that if you release the buttons too early or too late, the phone will try to boot normally. If this happens, shut it off and try again.)

You should see a menu with several selection, one of which will be factory reset. Use the volume keys to select that item, then press the power button to execute the reset. Cross your fingers. You'll lose any data that isn't synced with Google or some other external source, but that's better than losing your entire phone. Let us know what happens.

Also, a question: is your phone rooted? If so, are you using a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP)?

glitchgod

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
omg same thing just happened to my note 10.1 and now it keeps loading the whole boot screen/

NOTHING IS ROOTED ALL REAL SAMSUNG UPDATES.
NO NEW APPS FOR AT LEAST 2 MONTHS... I did get an update for both today, but that app ive been using for about a year now "atorrent"
on my laptop now i have them next to me and the S3 just died out from about 35% life.
Any help is good guys! kies isnt noticing my phone or tablet ><
><
><
><

glitchgod

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
okay the phone did do something differently from before just now and it seems to keep doing it now.... it goes
samsung
s3 logo
samsung swirls
atat (no sound) but it doesnt finish!!! it goes about 3 droplets and goes to pulsing samsung.

I really dont want to factory reset since i have lots of things that would never backup... photos text numbers projects exported email.
Priceless items.
Come on someone must know at least some way to extract it from a none rooted!!!

- - - Updated - - -

okay the phone did do something differently from before just now and it seems to keep doing it now.... it goes
samsung
s3 logo
samsung swirls
atat (no sound) but it doesnt finish!!! it goes about 3 droplets and goes to pulsing samsung.

I really dont want to factory reset since i have lots of things that would never backup... photos text numbers projects exported email.
Priceless items.
Come on someone must know at least some way to extract it from a none rooted!!!

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Are the images and such on the micro SD? If so, just get a micro to standard SD adapter and plug it in a card reader or a laptop/computer with an SD slot. Transfer the files from the SD to a folder on the computer.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

glitchgod

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
photos yes.
Text and emails are not!

Another question im in the android system recovery and i see an option for "apply update from external storage" !
If some one could link and i put the samsung 4.1.1 on a sd card and cllick this would it reapply and fix everything?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Emails wouldn't be lost because they are saved to the client. As far as the update, I'm not exactly sure.

glitchgod

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Emails wouldn't be lost because they are saved to the client. As far as the update, I'm not exactly sure.

i extracted the emails for legal reasons and deleted them from the client...
It wouldnt be an update i believe mine was a 4.1.1 so more like a windows reinstall...i think.. ><

Also should i flag that app through google and call samsung? Or is broswing youtube all night worthy of having my devices go out on me?

glitchgod

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
wait would rooting and all that warranty invading things fix this?
Link if so!!
Say if not please!!
I need this phone back up and running ASAP with as little loss as possible!!!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Rooting might or might not fix it. It's hard to say without really knowing the problem.

Make sure the battery is well charged. Plug it into the charger for at least an hour. If you haven't already, try a battery pull. Leave it out for several minutes, put it back in, and try to boot.

If that doesn't work, try booting into recovery and clearing cache.

glitchgod

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Okay I did those and actually let the battery run it out... Sadly it does boot to home but now everything is crashing and force close and ram maxed. Out...

Fighting for control I have been able to move majority and might restore tomorrow if no more advice

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay I did those and actually let the battery run it out... Sadly it does boot to home but now everything is crashing and force close and ram maxed. Out...

Fighting for control I have been able to move majority and might restore tomorrow if no more advice

So you did a cache clear in recovery?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't think the OP is rooted, so no way to clear Dalvik.

OP: Have you rebooted since clearing cache? If not, try clearing cache again and rebooting.

It sounds like it might be time for a factory reset. but since you want to avoid that, I'd suggest removing all your 3rd party apps, then clear cache again and reboot, and hope for the best.

glitchgod

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Ran factory restore on the phone and was able to move wmosts of the important files to the SD card thankd everyone

glitchgod

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Ya everything is back up and running Kies still won't talk to it (whole nother issue all together)
Actually everything is running better the home is a bit more responsive to my touches and boots up in about 4 secs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois