Nine months ago, my brother and I had an AT&T family plan with no data and I upgraded to a Galaxy 3 and a data plan using my brothers upgrade (as I wasnt eligible back then). Two weeks ago, I became eligible and so I upgraded to a Galaxy 4 (I havent activated the phone yet).

Can I transfer the apps I purchased for my Galaxy 3 to my new Galaxy 4?

Am I allowed to sell the Galaxy 3? If so, should I unlock it before I sell it?

Am I allowed to sell the Galaxy 4? If so, should I activate it? (I know I am not allowed to unlock it)
    07-07-2013 08:38 PM
    Question 1-Yes, sign in with the Google Account you bought apps on on your new phone.

Question 2a-Yes, I don't see why not, as long as you own it.
    Question 2b-You do not jailbreak an Android, you root it, and there really isn't a need to. If the buyer wants to, they'll do it themselves.

Question 3a-See 2a.
    Question 3b-If you are going to use it, you need to activate it.
    Question 3c-Again, you don't jailbreak an Android, you root it. And, why wouldn't you be allowed to?
    07-07-2013 08:47 PM
    Thanks, I saw some people write in another forum that one is not allowed to sell the phone while still under contract.

I meant to say unlock, not jailbreak (which is incorrect for Android devices anyway - as you said).
    07-07-2013 08:58 PM
    Thanks, I saw some people write in another forum that one is not allowed to sell the phone while still under contract.

I meant to say unlock, not jailbreak (which is incorrect for Android devices anyway - as you said).
    Wait, I'm assuming this is not a GSM phone but a CDMA/ Non SIM phone? In other words, Verizon, Sprint, etc? If so, you'd have to deactivate the contract before selling it.
    07-07-2013 09:03 PM
    These phones are from AT&T.

Wait, I'm assuming this is not a GSM phone but a CDMA/ Non SIM phone? In other words, Verizon, Sprint, etc? If so, you'd have to deactivate the contract before selling it.
    07-07-2013 09:05 PM
    These phones are from AT&T.
    In that case, your SIM Card is what activates the phone, not the phone itself. As long as you aren't selling the SIM card with it, as it's tied to you and your account, you're fine.
    07-07-2013 09:30 PM
    Big question, did you pay outright for the phone or do you still owe AT&T a balance. If you owe a balance they still own the phone, if you paid in full it is yours to do what you want with it.
    07-08-2013 04:23 PM
    Big question, did you pay outright for the phone or do you still owe AT&T a balance. If you owe a balance they still own the phone, if you paid in full it is yours to do what you want with it.
    I paid $199 for each phone and agreed to a 2-year contract each time. Not sure if that's what you mean by "pay outright"...
    07-08-2013 09:48 PM
    Not entirely true... I bought an iPhone 5 at the subsidized price of $199 in December with a new contract. 5 months later I sold the phone and bought new one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    07-08-2013 09:54 PM
    Not entirely true... I bought an iPhone 5 at the subsidized price of $199 in December with a new contract. 5 months later I sold the phone and bought new one.
    Hope you don't mind me asking a few questions: Are you with AT&T? Is your new phone subsidized? Could you have kept your old phone and sold the one you just got?
    07-08-2013 10:50 PM
    Hope you don't mind me asking a few questions: Are you with AT&T? Is your new phone subsidized? Could you have kept your old phone and sold the one you just got?
    You can always ask questions :-)

I'm with Verizon. My new phone is subsidized. I suppose I could have sold the new phone.

Maybe someone here with AT&T can be more specific.

Also, Gamestop sometimes gives more cash back than cell stores in my experience, just an FYI :-)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    07-09-2013 10:55 PM