Get micro sim card without data plan?

yaa1

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Here are the details:
I am currently on an att family plan, with no data and I'd like to keep it that way. I recently bought a Samsung galaxy s3 and realized that my current simcard won?t fit into this phone as it requires a micro sim. My family's been using smartphones for a while now, and we typically just turn off data enabling on the new device every time we change phones (that way we avoid paying for the data plan). Now since the s3 requires the micro sim card, I know I'll have to ask att for a new card. I did a bit of research and people typically say to just go to an att corporate office and ask for a micro sim or cut down my regular simcard into a micro sim (I'd rather not do that).

So my question is, if I go to an att office and ask for a micro sim, will they automatically charge me with a data-plan (even though I haven't told them the kind of phone I'll be using?) Can I just ask them to transfer my number to a new microsim card? Or do the employees ask too many questions for me to get away with this?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
You should be alright asking for the micro sim. Just tell them you have a new device that requires it. You shouldn't be too apprehensive about cutting yours down, though. The cutter tools you get make it foolproof.