I am new to both android and rooting and I have a couple of questions that I just cannot seem to find a clear answer to.
    Rooted my ATT GS3 using the Odin Method described on this forum. After rooting it I installed Titanium back up.
    I did not back up the phone at that time due to limited space on my ext. SD card I only uninstalled some of the crapware on the phone.

I then installed the Clockwork Mod ROM manager and allowed it to do a full back up of the phone.
    Yesterday I bought a new SD card and allowed TB to do a full back up (system + apps)

I have 2 questions

If and when I decide to install a new ROM with what I have done will I be able to revert back to the stock Samsung Version that is on my phone?

With what I have done already will I still receive updates from ATT are by rooting my phone will this block updates?

I would appreciate any help you guys could give this Newbie.

Thanks
    Barry
    07-14-2013 07:59 AM
    Q1- Yes you will.

Q2- If you install a custom ROM, no, but if you revert back to stock ROM, or don't install a custom ROM, yes.

Posted via Android Central App
    bwc2144 likes this.
    07-14-2013 08:15 AM
    You fine with going back to your stock rom since you backed it up with CWM. Now since you have CWM install you can receive updates from AT&T, but it will fail because of CWM. To get updates you will need to return to Stock Recovery instead of CWM.
    07-14-2013 05:13 PM