Rooted! Now what?

laceycraven1993

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I just finished rooting my SIII, and I'm not sure what to do now. I've rooted another Android before, only to delete bloatware. I'm not sure how to do that on this phone, or anything for that matter. I'd like to try a different ROM or even try the 4.3 but I'm not sure how to do that.

Help?

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I just finished rooting my SIII, and I'm not sure what to do now. I've rooted another Android before, only to delete bloatware. I'm not sure how to do that on this phone, or anything for that matter. I'd like to try a different ROM or even try the 4.3 but I'm not sure how to do that.

Help?

Heres a tip for noobs :) make sure you do a nandroid back up there's a free app in the play store called o back up it will do the dirty work for ya :) never back up or flash on a low battery my rule of thumb is 100% get call log back up and sms back up and restore (their free) lea n to use titanium back up (paid versions better) contacts go to your menu>accounts&sync look tor google go to the your contacts and make sure you sync them (pen and paper makes a good back up as well) or you can copy them to the your sim card (thats a different story thou) and most important!!!!!! NEVER EVER EVER FLASH A ROM THAT'S NOT MENT FOR YOUR PHONE!!!! IT MAY SAY GS111 BUT if IT'S NOT FOR YOUR variant THEN DON'T RUN IT IT WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE for instance if its for the international and you have sprint or at&t dont do it if its an international community hone dont flash an at&t or sprint rom just some tips for noobs

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

laceycraven1993

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Yay! Thanks for all your help! I installed the liquidsmooth 2.9 and it works like a charm. :)

Really proud of myself. Was almost positive I was gonna mess something up.