Issues with the new 4.1.2 ATT update?

shamelin73

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a small bug that I noticed on the lock screen. I have a message that is supposed to scroll while it is locked. This no longer works.

I decided to do a factory restore after the update to clean up the phone.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
All I can say is I like the update but can't figure out how to make multi window work. And yes it's turned on, lol. Love the cool new gallery view and the S paper app looks fun too. I had no problems with the download or install though Kies didn't show any update available which is weird.

Update. Messaged with Samsung and now have multi-window working fine.. very cool too :) Also the vintage effects in the camera app is nice..Don't notice any performance improvements, but all's well here :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

gonzo0203

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Can someone confirm for me something? Under the settings, wireless and networks area there used to be USB settings which allowed MTP or Camera when connected. It is gone for me, and I have to use app off G-Store to get my phone connected..Perhaps bad corrupt file or working as intended?

cputoys

May 10, 2012
Visit site
The only glitch I've experienced is while in messaging or the call logs, a left swipe would "new message" and a right swipe would "call" the person. I've lost my right swipe! :'( I honestly haven't poked around yet to see if something changed that shouldn't have. Anyone else see this?

tplace 1976

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The only glitch I've experienced is while in messaging or the call logs, a left swipe would "new message" and a right swipe would "call" the person. I've lost my right swipe! :'( I honestly haven't poked around yet to see if something changed that shouldn't have. Anyone else see this?

I see that too... I noticed, if you start a left swipe (message) and then swipe right, you can get call to work. Kinda weird, but that's how it worked for me.

M0na713

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I updated my S3 to the 4.1.2 but the multi window feature doesn't work at all. Sucks cuz I've been looking forward to this update.

Please help!!!!

Last edited:

bigstormgirl

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
The only issue that I have noticed is the same issue I had with the last update: My Swiftkey will not remain as my default keyboard if I power my phone down. It always goes back to Samsung keyboard when I power up. I even chose Swiftkey as my default in two different areas (Swiftkey app and "Language and Input" setting). I was hoping this update would fix it. :'(

Last edited:

mtech5

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
All I can say is I like the update but can't figure out how to make multi window work. And yes it's turned on, lol. Love the cool new gallery view and the S paper app looks fun too. I had no problems with the download or install though Kies didn't show any update available which is weird.

Update. Messaged with Samsung and now have multi-window working fine.. very cool too :) Also the vintage effects in the camera app is nice..Don't notice any performance improvements, but all's well here :)

Just hold the back button and the opinion will pop up on the left side.

Posted via Android Central App

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I just noticed that my picture gallery won't load, it was working fine before the update. It starts, freezes and then goes back to my home screen. I've rebooted my phone several times, but no luck. Any ideas on what to try? Thanks.

Update: I just checked through Kies Air and it saw and opened any picture I picked but I still can't get the gallery to even load. Thanks again.

Last edited:

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I notice this too and I honestly think it has to do with Swiftkey.. but I could be wrong..Anyone figure out how to use S Paper? Looks like fun, but there needs to be a tutorial.. Already have Paper Camera which rocks! I HAVE noticed that multi-window causes a little lag but its easy to turn it on and off with the toggle.. nice feature though

The only issue that I have noticed is the same issue I had with the last update: My Swiftkey will not remain as my default keyboard if I power my phone down. It always goes back to Samsung keyboard when I power up. I even chose Swiftkey as my default in two different areas (Swiftkey app and "Language and Input" setting). I was hoping this update would fix it. :'(

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I notice this too and I honestly think it has to do with Swiftkey.. but I could be wrong..Anyone figure out how to use S Paper? Looks like fun, but there needs to be a tutorial.. Already have Paper Camera which rocks! I HAVE noticed that multi-window causes a little lag but its easy to turn it on and off with the toggle.. nice feature though

Actually the issue is with any paid keyboard app that was installed from Google Play.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
The multi view feature only works with selected apps. I don't see any way of adding additional apps to it. It appears that the apps that will work in multi view mode are automatically selected. Anyone know differently?

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

I'm noticing major speed improvements on LTE

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I just did the update and now have lost the ability to zoom in and out by sliding my finger up and down the side of the screen. Did the update change a setting or is this feature lost? Please help.

GlennTX

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

The keyboard issue is fixed in 4.2.2

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I just did the update and now have lost the ability to zoom in and out by sliding my finger up and down the side of the screen. Did the update change a setting or is this feature lost? Please help.

That was removed with this update. I also liked it but there were many complained that did not.