Not sure if Android update or Google Play music

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I noticed an issue on my phone when listening to music via Google Play music. I was listening to music via my bluetooth speaker over the weekend and the audio did not sound right. Like it was muffled, and very poor quality. My first thought was that my bluetooth speaker was going bad. I plugged in my head phones and even with my headphones the music sounded poor and was not very loud. I went into the EQ Settings and turned off the EQ and it came through louder and richer sounding. I normally have it set to Dance, sometimes Rock to emphasize the bass. I am playing back .mp3's stored on my SD card. Today I used the built in Music Player on my phone and same issue, with the EQ on, the audio is very poor and does not come through very loud but once I set the EQ to normal it comes through much richer. I find this odd since, with EQ off audio on any device normally sounds very plain and flat. when you change settings in the EQ it should come through louder depending on the preset used.

I tried searching for this online but not finding anyone else with same issue. has anyone else had this problem? I am thinking this is an issue with the recent update I did . And yes I did reset my phone after getting the upgrade. I might reset it again this weekend to test things out.

Drerunsit

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, I haven't heard of anything similar, either. The only thing that stands out to me is the fact that your music is on your SD card (I'm assuming external. If you meant internal, ignore this advice). It may have nothing to do with it, but it's a good starting point. Try putting a few songs onto your device's internal SD card, preferably from another source and not copied from your external SD.

Just in case I misunderstood or the method above did not yield and positive results, I honestly would just start messing around with storage locations, music players, etc. I usually find out some strange things through trial and error, which eventually leads to a solution. Also, perhaps you can tell us at what point this started happening? In other words, was it ever working correctly and, if so, what has changed?

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. I have the song on an external SD so I will try copying 1 over to my internal sd from my pc. I first noticed it this past weekend and the only thing that has chanced is I upgraded my phone (OTA update) After I did the Update I did a hard reset on my phone. It is a very odd situation that the music is louder / better with the EQ off in Google Play Music or on Normal (I think this means off) in the stock Music Player app.

Drerunsit

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I also just realized that I don't have an equalizer option on my Google Play Music. From what I've found online, it seems that you have to install a 3rd-party equalizer app in order for this setting to appear in Google Play Music. Since I'm assuming we have the same device (SGH-i747), you must have installed one at some point also. If so, perhaps the equalizer app you installed is not compatible with 4.1.2. Just a thought...

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
No, I didnt install an EQ, the Equalizer is there. When you go into settings its the 3rd down from the top. The Galaxy devices have one built in by default, it is in the default music player as well. I am thinking something might have goofed up when I used Google Kies to restore settings after I reset the phone. I remember that I had not gone in and changed the EQ after the reset but when I checked the EQ it was already set to Dance. I will be doing another reset when I get time w/o using kies to restore settings and see what happens.

I will let you know what happens. Thank you for your input :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar