Notifications Sounds Stop Working, After Restart Is Fine

gonzo0203

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I have been recently having the issue where after a period of time, no actual time I can actually state that my notification sound for my text messages stops audibly playing. The vibrate function still works, and LED part works but the sound stops. The file is stored on my ExtSD card, and it points to right place under settings. But only a restart actually makes the alert play again. Any suggestions or tips? Could the SD card storage be glitching out? It isn't losing data, and corrupting anything. I get no errors. Its a Gskill 32GB Class 10 card. I have formatted twice, thinking maybe it something on card. I'm running 4.1.2 stock rom on i747.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have been recently having the issue where after a period of time, no actual time I can actually state that my notification sound for my text messages stops audibly playing. The vibrate function still works, and LED part works but the sound stops. The file is stored on my ExtSD card, and it points to right place under settings. But only a restart actually makes the alert play again. Any suggestions or tips? Could the SD card storage be glitching out? It isn't losing data, and corrupting anything. I get no errors. Its a Gskill 32GB Class 10 card. I have formatted twice, thinking maybe it something on card. I'm running 4.1.2 stock rom on i747.

I had this happen a lot until I finally kept the sound files on my internal memory. After that, I have had no problems.