Help S3 is Stuck in roaming or does not get signal!

adam041590

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
So here's the situation. I changed out my LCD digitzer in my phone. The re-assembly went smoothly however I get no signal or I am stuck in roaming. The antenna connector to the motherboard is snapped in I tripled checked it. I also have my sim card in the slot. I've tested my phone in the samsung galaxy secret menu using *#0*# and everything is working. Just no signal. Please give me some guidance or advice

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
So here's the situation. I changed out my LCD digitzer in my phone. The re-assembly went smoothly however I get no signal or I am stuck in roaming. The antenna connector to the motherboard is snapped in I tripled checked it. I also have my sim card in the slot. I've tested my phone in the samsung galaxy secret menu using *#0*# and everything is working. Just no signal. Please give me some guidance or advice
Welcome to the forums! This might sound rhetorical, but it isn't: Are you in a coverage area?

adam041590

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes I am. I've also checked the settings and it says It is not recgonizing a network nor a mobile network or anything for that matter :/. Everything else is working perfect though

adam041590

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Ok so WiFi works this means It must have something to do with the phone not being able to go into my carrier's network. But changing the digitizer should not cause this problem should it?

Nicki Williamson

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I have experienced this exact issue. I replaced my digitizer, complete LCD and front frame (process all went smoothly) and now it has very weak signal with pop ups saying 'no network coverage' if i try to call or text. I brought a cheap LCD (non genuine) but everyone's saying this shouldn't affect its signal. I've had it professionally master reset by a Samsung dealer and even replaced the antenna. Very frustrating!!:-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay