Keyboard Lag

tigerpierre

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm using SWYPE as my keyboard and noticed that there is about an 8 second lag for the keyboard to appear. I switched back to the Google keyboard and it appears instantly. Anyone else experiencing a keyboard lag?:-\

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm using SWYPE as my keyboard and noticed that there is about an 8 second lag for the keyboard to appear. I switched back to the Google keyboard and it appears instantly. Anyone else experiencing a keyboard lag?:-\

Have you tried clearing cache on Swipe?

Cory Beaulieu

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I've been noticing this as well. More so since doing the 4.1.2 update. I hear that possibly Android 4.3 will be released for AT&T S3 phone on Wednesday (11/13), perhaps that will be addressed then.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
With the 4.3 Update, SWYPE works fine and there's no lag!!

It worked for a while, then started to lag again. Switched to the Google keyboard and haven't had any lag.

I've noticed that Swype starts to lag pretty bad in the Android Central Forums app, especially when writing longer posts. This is intermittent...happens every other time or so.

But there is zero lag in Evernote, Facebook, and the email app. Seems to be just in a few apps and at random times.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Google keyboard just seems to always work and work well. Giving Kii another shot on my evo but my One will keep Google

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

dosomethinggreat

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I found this fix in another forum for my samsung note 3 but should be same for the S3.

Menu -> Settings -> Applications manager.

Slide across the top until ALL is selected. You can also click RUNNING, and you should then see ALL show up on the top.

Scroll down to 'Samsung keyboard' clear data and clear cache.

This fixed all my lag problems. SWYPE pops right up now. Soooo much better!

Jeremy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude