Touch Vibration

PROFINTOX

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Completely new to Android Central but have read many threads. I may use non-technical terms when I do not know the official terminology. Please be CIVIL in response and I will in return. Otherwise...

So, have a Galaxy S3. Android version is 4.1.2 and has been for some time.

My problem is that after being SOMEWHERE in settings, something was inadvertantly chosen and now while navigating (soft keys???), I get vibration with each keypress. I am not talking about while I am texting. Keypresses are completely "silent" there which is what I want. It happens all outside of texting -- on any keypress, whether pressing the "back" key, pressing the apps or any other icon and so forth.

Haptic feedback is unchecked and Auto haptic is off. Keyboard is set to Samsung keyboard, and underneath Advanced in there, Key-tap vibration and sound are unchecked (though I would think this would affect the texting keyboard, not outside touches).

I cannot find anything else that seems to apply to get rid of this. I have not tried a factory reset yet. I certainly will do unless someone else has something to try which works.

Thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Completely new to Android Central but have read many threads. I may use non-technical terms when I do not know the official terminology. Please be CIVIL in response and I will in return. Otherwise...

So, have a Galaxy S3. Android version is 4.1.2 and has been for some time.

My problem is that after being SOMEWHERE in settings, something was inadvertantly chosen and now while navigating (soft keys???), I get vibration with each keypress. I am not talking about while I am texting. Keypresses are completely "silent" there which is what I want. It happens all outside of texting -- on any keypress, whether pressing the "back" key, pressing the apps or any other icon and so forth.

Haptic feedback is unchecked and Auto haptic is off. Keyboard is set to Samsung keyboard, and underneath Advanced in there, Key-tap vibration and sound are unchecked (though I would think this would affect the texting keyboard, not outside touches).

I cannot find anything else that seems to apply to get rid of this. I have not tried a factory reset yet. I certainly will do unless someone else has something to try which works.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forums. Try looking in settings-sound. There you might find a vibrate intensity setting. Try turning that down.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Try looking in settings-sound.
^What he said
5u9aqaga.jpg

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4