AT&T Galaxy SIII 4.3 Update Likes/Issues

carlt828

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I just updated my SIII to the Android version 4.3. While I haven't even begun to find out what all has changed, here's what I've discovered so far:

Seems like a little lag on some apps (Chrome). GoSMSPro seems fine. Startup lags more for sure.

I seem to be getting pic download notifications over and over again. It's the same files each time. I clear them but they pop back up again. I deleted the pics in my downloads folder and re-downloaded a couple from an email message. Still doing it and I can't seem to find out where to stop it yet.

Email app upgrade is nice. Also restarts with SwiftKey as the default keyboard. No more having to set it after every restart.

GeekNews

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T Galaxy S3 4.3 Update Likes/Issues

Being an S4 owner it is nice to see the group play update. Love that I can now share across all my Galaxy devices. Good to see the updates to a tabbed setting menu and the updated notification bar. So far I haven't seen any lag or other issues in fact everything seem to be zippier.

I wish they would have added some of the gallery features and changed up the camera settings menu.

Last edited:

Sambo41

May 12, 2010
Visit site

After the update I was able to download the Galaxy Gear Manager app. Time to go get a Galaxy Gear Smartwatch now!

UPDATE: Google Hangouts force stops every time I start it now. :(

Last edited:

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site

I really like the settings menu and the way I can now rearrange the notification toggles. It seems to be a little faster/snappier to me. The new email menu is interesting and will take some getting used to but I think it will be a lot easier to use this way. I haven't noticed any lag of any kind. So far, I give it an A+.

Chris8414

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

I dont have any issues as of right now, but will keep my fingers crossed, and also keep you guys posted! I like the settings much better this time around! Hope this all goes well!!

morechoff

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

I just downloaded the 4.3 Update. Download was 623.10 MB.

Install was problem free.

However, I too have the same issue with the notifications popping up continuously for the downloaded files. You can clear the notifications, but they will reappear after awhile.

Email app is new and takes some getting used to. The delete, refresh etc is now at the bottom of the page.

Other than that so far it seems ok.

Mike

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I seem to be getting pic download notifications over and over again. It's the same files each time. I clear them but they pop back up again.
It's odd that some have this issue and others don't. The only thing I've noticed is now when I get a call the camera light starts flashing, if anyone knows how to turn that off, please let me know, I haven't been able to find the setting yet.

contesttwits

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

I just cleared the list of finished downloads in the Downloads application, for both Internet & Other. Stopped the downloading of non-existent pictures right away.
Only really wanted to update to 4.3. for Dashclock! But may take the risk to flash to 4.4 CM 11 Beta 6 just for KitKat!

Nelimungous

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Been using the update since early this morning. No problems. Many calls and gps use etc no issues. One thing has anyone tested group messaging with the stock app, with iPhone users?

Posted via Android Central App

carlt828

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

I just cleared the list of finished downloads in the Downloads application, for both Internet & Other. Stopped the downloading of non-existent pictures right away.

Thanks a lot! It was driving me crazy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Tdc02

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site

Question- I'm on AT&T and notice that Knox and Lock screen widget is not added.
I don't want Knox, but I was like to get the Lock Screen widget add.

Any one else have this issue.

Last edited:

carlt828

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
One thing has anyone tested group messaging with the stock app, with iPhone users?

Just tested it with two friends with iPhone. Both replies came back in the same message thread. Waiting for another test message reply with an iPhone & another S3. So far it looks good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

banesfist

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The 4.3 update is amazing. There is some snappiness that wasn't there before, but the UI changes in settings and the notification bar are the most welcome addition.

Posted via Android Central App

carlt828

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I've noticed is now when I get a call the camera light starts flashing, if anyone knows how to turn that off, please let me know, I haven't been able to find the setting yet.

I have that problem too. Can't find where to turn it off either.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt