AT&T Galaxy SIII 4.3 Update Likes/Issues

L_Ement

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Is there an option somewhere on how to enable the screen to turn on when receiving text messages? It suddenly stopped doing that when I did the update to 4.3.

Posted via Android Central App

Go under your messaging app>settings> under the bar that says Notification settings check to see if Preview Message is checked.

SOSandie

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&T Galaxy S3 4.3 Update Likes/Issues

Hi Bob,

same issue with flashing camera light when I get new emails since I've upgraded to 4.3
Can't find the settings either to turn it off. Have you found anything since your last post?

Thanks

saintjules

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Go under your messaging app>settings> under the bar that says Notification settings check to see if Preview Message is checked.

It is checked, but that feature is for when you check your lock screen and the message is in a preview in a small box I believe. The screen doesn't actually turn on like before. Not a real big issue, but it was something I was used to.

howiee

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Just got the art update and the s voice does not open the camera. Instead it opens some gallery for Google plus. How can I fix that? Also I can seem to use voice command for the camera too. I enabled it in settings and sill nothing. Can anyone help?

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site

Hi Bob,

same issue with flashing camera light when I get new emails since I've upgraded to 4.3
Can't find the settings either to turn it off. Have you found anything since your last post?

Thanks

Hi SOSandie,

Welcome to the AC Forums! Try this, Settings>My device>Accessibility, scroll to the bottom to Flash Notification and uncheck it. If it isn't checked, go ahead and check it and then uncheck it and that should do it. This is what I did and it worked for me. Good luck!

Vaarg

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Howiee - I have the same problem as you - s-voice will open a Google app and not the camera-voice activation of camera is greyed out and I am unable to turn it on.

Anyone have any ideas?

here4kids

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I did a factory reset after this install and an very happy with my cleaned up phone. needed a few tweets, but even my apps were reinstalled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm holding off on the update. The phone doesn't ask me to update so I will wait, I'm running stock rooted 4.1.2 and I am content. I just wish someone would come out with the stock 4.3 rom for AT&T with the old bootloader and knox not installed. I know I can go with some of the custom roms but the stock works fine for me.

Austin185

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Download issue in notification bar was annoying but easily fixed by clearing downloads in the download folder. I do notice a bit of lag at times which I never experienced in 4.1.2. I do like how text looks on the screen now. Battery life isn't terrible like I thought it would be but could be better. Overall 4.3 is good and I love the s3

Piped4Sound

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

I am having the same problem exactly ( AT&T GS3 android 4.3 upgrade - persistent download notifications). Just updated a couple of days ago and cannot permanently get rid of persistent download notifications. These files do not exist on my phone or have been moved such that clicking on the notification does not provide the file but says media not found or opens the default app - as mine are not all photos. It seems to have selected 3 downloads from the past to do this with. They go away for a while if cleared or opened, but at some point when turning on the screen - the same notifications appear again. So far I've tried opening the items, deleting all items from download and downloads folders (not sure why I have both or which one is default), and restarting the phone, none of which got rid of them.

Fixed by following post of Mark Robson "long-clicked the Notification, selected App Info and then cleared the data and the cache. The notifications stopped" this worked. Thank you Mark Robson.

Last edited:

Piped4Sound

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

Was experiencing this as well, and it was unchecked but followed your post to check and uncheck and it worked.

John Deaton1

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I seem to be getting pic download notifications over and over again. It's the same files each time. I clear them but they pop back up again. I deleted the pics in my downloads folder and re-downloaded a couple from an email message. Still doing it and I can't seem to find out where to stop it yet.

I've got the same problem. Have you found a solution? Thanks.

Mojoski

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I've got the same problem. Have you found a solution? Thanks.

Seriously? I could be missing something but this answer is described a few times already right here in this thread..

You need to go into the 'Downloads' app, not the notifications, and clear all the downloads out from there. Alternatively you can go into the App Manager under settings, find the 'Downloads' app and clear it's data and cache..

Either approach should work.. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

carlt828

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

I just updated and the edit function for contacts will not update when adding a group, ie family friends etc. When I try to add family,etc I get the following message "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped." Anyone else ran accross this and have figured out to make it work? Everything else seems to be working Ok.:cool:

I get the same error message when I try and add a contact from the call log and put them in a group. I can add the contact but cannot add them to a group.

I also occasionally get the "unstable wifi connection" message. Doesn't seem to effect performance though.

Seems like when my battery life goes below 50% or so, it drains much quicker and gets warm. Sometimes it would really start to freeze up and restarting (and pulling the battery out) didn't help. I had it in a Defender case so I took it out to see if that would help. It helps out with the heating up and freezing but not really that much with the battery drain. I just did a clear cache in recovery mode so I'm hoping that will help.

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Do any of you experience your phone freezing with screen off and no way to turn it back on but to do a battery pull?

It has been happening to my phone 1 month after the update. Not sure if its the update or something else.

Its been bugging me a while lot when it happens, about 3x already

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12