AT&T Galaxy SIII 4.3 Update Likes/Issues

Mojoski

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T Galaxy S3 4.3 Update Likes/Issues

I think it should also be noted that with the JB 4.3 update, you should turn off Contact Syncing, delete the Contact Storage, reboot the phone, and re-start Contact Syncing.

My contacts has been acting a bit screwy, and I'd like to try what you suggest here. What do you mean, exactly, when you say to 'delete the Contact Storage'? Are you talking about clearing app cache and app data for the Contacts app in the Application Manager under Settings?

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

b2d2

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Yes. I turned off the Contacts Syncing for my Google account, "force stop"-ped the Contacts Storage app (under the "All" category of the Application Manager page), clicked Delete Data, re-booted the phone, re-checked "Sync Contacts" on my Google account (and I also checked the "Sync Google+", which had not been checked before on my phone), and let it re-download the Contact data from Google. That finally got all my contacts down to my phone.

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site

Yes. I turned off the Contacts Syncing for my Google account, "force stop"-ped the Contacts Storage app (under the "All" category of the Application Manager page), clicked Delete Data, re-booted the phone, re-checked "Sync Contacts" on my Google account (and I also checked the "Sync Google+", which had not been checked before on my phone), and let it re-download the Contact data from Google. That finally got all my contacts down to my phone.

Thanks b2d2!
This will correct the problem of not being able to get contacts to join groups. I tried it and it worked flawlessly!

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I gave up, unrooted, Went total stock still wouldn't update to new AT&T software. Reroot> CWM>CM10.2 4.3 JB, all is wonderful. First time I've flashed a rom. I only rooted originally to use TB to backup apps and data. Too much trouble to lose everything for a firmware update. Plus AT&T installing failed repeatedly. Good luck to everyone else.

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I've noticed is now when I get a call the camera light starts flashing, if anyone knows how to turn that off, please let me know, I haven't been able to find the setting yet.

I have that problem too. Can't find where to turn it off either.

I just badgered my wife into doing this OTA update & she has the same problem. She's p*ssed at me.
I'm feverishly reading this thread..... what did you do to remedy it? Any help could save me from living like a monk....I'm pleading!!!

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I just badgered my wife into doing this OTA update & she has the same problem. She's p*ssed at me.
I'm feverishly reading this thread..... what did you do to remedy it? Any help could save me from living like a monk....I'm pleading!!!

Hey Drayk, let's see if we can get you back in favor with your wife :). Go to settings>My Device>Accessibility>Scroll down to Flash notification and uncheck it. If it isn't checked, go ahead and check it then uncheck it. I know it doesn't make sense, but it will work. Good luck.

Last edited:

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It's odd that some have this issue and others don't. The only thing I've noticed is now when I get a call the camera light starts flashing, if anyone knows how to turn that off, please let me know, I haven't been able to find the setting yet.

Hey Drayk, let's see if we can get you back in favor with your wife :). Go to settings>My Device>Accessibility>Scroll down to Flash notification and uncheck it. If it isn't checked, go ahead and check it then uncheck it. I know it doesn't make sense, but it will work. Good luck.

Thanks man...That did the trick. I had to check it, then uncheck it.
Happy New Year!!!!

Mojoski

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to get FoxFi / PDANet+ working again on this new build? This is really my only major complaint..

EDIT: I should note that the Bluetooth connection mode in PDANet does still work. It is just slower than WiFi mode and it uses up some of the Bluetooth bandwidth I need for my mouse and keyboard when using a Citrix desktop on the road from my tablet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Anyone who's interested in full native tethering after the 4.3 update, rendering FoxFi irrelevant, can find the secret here!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=48326067

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk 4

JeniferF

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site

Was having the same problem with download notifications. Clearing out the Downloads app lists appears to have fixed that.

I was also having a problem with a song that would start playing randomly. There was no rhyme or reason as to when it would happen. On or off a charger, making a call, listening to other music, just sitting there untouched. NOTHING. Additionally, it was a song that I did not even recognize. Swiping down on the screen would stop it from playing. I even restarted the phone and let it sit untouched. When the song started playing, I went to see what/which music playing was being used and there were none bring used.

Last night I just removed and reinstalled all my music and netcasts (kept on the external card) and it has now been over 12 hours with no random playing of this one song.

Mine was doing that, but it was a ringtone...it had randomly picked out a song that played every time I got a text message...I just changed it back and ti was fixed.

Jacci Lindsay-Adams

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

I just updated my phone to the latest 4.3 os. The flash goes off at the most inappropriate times. It's flashing when my clock alarm goes off in the morning. It never used to do that. It also flashes when I get messages. I have changed the accessibility setting Flash Notification is unchecked!! It is still flashing any suggestions??

Jacci

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

I just updated my phone to the latest 4.3 os. The flash goes off at the most inappropriate times. It's flashing when my clock alarm goes off in the morning. It never used to do that. It also flashes when I get messages. I have changed the accessibility setting Flash Notification is unchecked!! It is still flashing any suggestions??

Jacci

Read this thread. It's been asked and answered about 8 times. There are other issues with quick fixes covered as well. Well worth the read.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Between losing Foxfi/PdaNet+ and the Weather Channel temperature in the status bar and what seems to be increased battery usage I can't say I'm overly thrilled with 4.3. It does seem a little faster with a few more features but if I could I'd downgrade back to 4.1. I knew I should have read this forum before I downloaded 4.3. Had I known I would lose Foxfi I never would have downloaded 4.3.

Mojoski

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

Had I known I would lose Foxfi I never would have downloaded 4.3.

Me neither, but there is hope! Check out that link I posted a few posts up and there are directions on how to get full tethering capability back. FoxFi will work again if you apply that mod, and you won't even need FoxFi really. You'll be able to tether without it! Let me know if you need help. I've done it to my AT&T S3 and it works great!

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I did read the thread on XDA from the link you posted and it seemed quite complicated. I'll have to reread it when I get a chance. Thanks for your kind offer to help!!

Mojoski

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

I did read the thread on XDA from the link you posted and it seemed quite complicated. I'll have to reread it when I get a chance. Thanks for your kind offer to help!!

I can completely relate to that feeling. I was a bit overwhelmed when I first read that thread. Once I got into it, however, it was actually quite simple but there are some steps to follow closely. If you decide to give it a shot, let me know and I'll be glad to assist..

TTYL!

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I got it working by reinstalling the program on my computer and following the installer instructions on putting the phone in the debugging mode. My Foxfi/Pda.net+ works perfectly!!

Phone_fan

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I hate the updated Google Maps in 4.3 and want to revert back to Android 4.1.1 on my AT&T GS3 so I can use the older maps. Would I run into problems just flashing a custom 4.1.1 rom now that my GS3 has 4.3 on it? Would there be issues with 4.3 bootloader and radio?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37