Galaxy SIII won't connect to my Wi-Fi

Amber Angon

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I have had this phone for awhile now, couple months, and at first I never had any issues with it connecting to my Wi-Fi at home. Now I can't input the password and it says saved and secured, but will not actually connect. I can not get the internet at all at my house, not even using mobile data, anywhere else is fine. My phone service provider is Virgin Mobile and my internet is through Xfinity. Any help will be appreciated.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have had this phone for awhile now, couple months, and at first I never had any issues with it connecting to my Wi-Fi at home. Now I can't input the password and it says saved and secured, but will not actually connect. I can not get the internet at all at my house, not even using mobile data, anywhere else is fine. My phone service provider is Virgin Mobile and my internet is through Xfinity. Any help will be appreciated.
Welcome to the forums!

Have you tried resetting the router? I'd suggest doing that then see if the connection re-establishes.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you turn Wi-Fi off and have Mobile data turned on, are you getting any indication in the Status bar that you have a connection? Can you access the Google Play Store or Gmail? Is it just the 'Internet' app that's not working, or you have no connectivity?

If you turn Mobile data off and Wi-Fi on, can you remove the connection to your router and then recreate it?

Have you tried rebooting the phone?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 won't connect to my Wi-Fi

My phone just stopped connecting to the wi-fi, comes up that the ip address is unavailable
Welcome to the forums!

Did you look at the suggestions in the previous posts? That would be a good starting point.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21