I can't call a specific phone number

SG8

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I can no longer make calls to a specific phone number with my cell phone (I also can't make calls to this number with my wife's cell phone). My wife and I both have service through AT&T and the number I am trying to call is through Verizon but I have tried another phone with service through AT&T and I was able to make a call to the Verizon phone. I can text the Verizon phone and I can also receive calls and texts from it on my phone. Any ideas about what the problem could be? :(

SG8

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
No, it's actually my sons phone. His aunt put him on her plan as a christmas gift a few years ago and we haven't had any problems until now.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
No, it's actually my sons phone. His aunt put him on her plan as a christmas gift a few years ago and we haven't had any problems until now.

I would check with your sister(in-law) to have her verify that numbers are being allowed to contact this number, of you haven't already done so. Have you alerted your carrier as well?

G Pad 8.3

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I am experiencing the Sam problem my daughter has AT&T and I have verizon she can't call my phone but I can call hers and we can text both have called our providers and no issue with the phone itself with blocks and ect waiting to hear back from verizon to see if it's a net work problem

SG8

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
It seems as though it was an issue with one of our carriers. It lasted for a day or two and then it was back to normal. I haven't had an issue since.

janr0mn1ck

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
I can no longer make calls to a specific phone number with my cell phone (I also can't make calls to this number with my wife's cell phone). My wife and I both have service through AT&T and the number I am trying to call is through Verizon but I have tried another phone with service through AT&T and I was able to make a call to the Verizon phone. I can text the Verizon phone and I can also receive calls and texts from it on my phone. Any ideas about what the problem could be? :(

Have you tried removing the +1 before the phone number?

ChestyVulva8

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
I am having this very same issue. The number I'm having an issue with is the most called/most important number in my phone. This is a problem that I can't seem to find a solution to. Has anyone figured out what is causing this issue?

V Vasudevan

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site
Very similar problem.
I have a Nokia 8 on Oreo 8.1. Since the past 2 months I am facing the same problem. I am unable to call my wife's number. She is with the same service provider, Vodafone. I can get her calls but cannot call her. Get a message "Server unreachable". The funny thing is that suddenly it starts working and stops on its own.
Checked with the service provider - no blocked or blacklisted number. We took out the sim from my phone and put it on a different phone and then I was able to call her. Put back the sim into my phone and once again, the same problem. So it is clear that the problem is with my Nokia 8. What can I do to solve this issue?

Emma Brown4

Sep 13, 2018
Visit site
I am having this exact same problem. I can ring my partner but when he tries to ring me it goes straight to voicemail. But he can txt me fine. We are both on Vodafone and no problems with phoning or receiving phone calls off any other numbers. We've both checked and his numbers not blocked or anything on my phone. Has anybody got any answers?

cjc1997

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. My problem was also exactly same but your trick worked. I removed the country code and called, it worked. Thanks again.

If anyone is still having this issue, I have a Samsung S8 and experienced the same. I tried everything but finally found something that worked for my phone. I went to "settings" and then "connections." Then I found"mobile networks" and "VoLTE calls" was enabled. I disabled it (just switch off the toggle) and I could make the call. I then enabled it and could still make the call so perhaps there was a glitch of some kind?

Hopefully this helps as it was hugely frustrating.

cjc1997

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
If anyone is still having this issue, I have a Samsung S8 and experienced the same. I tried everything but finally found something that worked for my phone. I went to "settings" and then "connections." Then I found"mobile networks" and "VoLTE calls" was enabled. I disabled it (just switch off the toggle) and I could make the call. I then enabled it and could still make the call so perhaps there was a glitch of some kind?

Hopefully this helps as it was hugely frustrating.

Update: It was definitely the VoLTE calls. I have to leave it disabled to be able to call that number. If I enable it the call does not go through.

jrobin

Apr 10, 2019
Visit site

husband was having the same issue when calling me after son installed an update. we're both on Sprint. tried all quick fixes & only toggling "airplane mode" on & off worked, tho problem started again minutes later and toggling "AM" no longer worked. finally, after reading everything I could I came across the last hint here...to remove the +1 from my number. it worked! now we have to figure out why all my calls to him are going to voicemail.