Question: Buying a micro SD card for Galaxy s3...worth it?

Droidguy2791

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
So I want to buy a 32gb micro SD card for my phone to increase storage space. I have one questions....will I be able to access the sd card and transfer content to and from it without taking it out of my phone? I know when you connect the phone to the computer via usb it gives you internal storage, but if an sd card is in there, can you do the same and then click on 'sd card' to add content to the phone? Because i have a case on my phone and it would be a pain to have to take the case off and open the back and put the card into the computer every time. Thanks.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You can also use something like WiFi File Explorer PRO: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.dooblou.WiFiFileExplorerPRO (or AirDroid or Kies Air or any of the hundreds of similar apps) and forego the USB connection altogether. You just open a browser on your PC and enter the information contained in the app and off you go.

Note that this usually requires the phone and PC to be on the same network. I think AirDroid even allows you to connect to your phone while it's on a Mobile data connection.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4