I got my S3 last christmas. I didnt drop my phone recently, theres no water damage, my phone was sitting on the desk next to me when it suddenly restarted, and kept restarting. Finally once it stopped, it simply wouldnt go on. After bringing it home, charging it, taking the battery out, it still wouldnt stay on. I tried doing Recovery mode, but the phone just wouldnt stay on past the little Android logo. I started angrily pressing the power button repeatedly trying to get it to stay in Recovery mode, and somehow it worked and I cleared the cache and rebooted. It still wouldnt stay on, so i booted it up normally and just kept pressing the power button pretty much second after second, and I finally got to my lock screen. I unlocked my phone, stopped pressing the power button, and 5 seconds later my phone shuts off. Before I discovered this I had gone to the AT&T store to see what they could do or find out. The lady there was extremely unhelpful, and only gave us the phone # for the phones insurance or whatever, to make a claim for a replacement which, still costs $200 (I still did this because Im going back to college soon and I need a replacement phone). Which is complete **** considering I did no damage to the phone to cause this. The only damage I have is a crack on the top left corner. Sadly I dropped the phone outside of the AT&T store the day after I got it to get it activated and get it a case (ironic) and it left a small crack. I have had no problems with my phone otherwise, until maybe about a month or so ago when I turned on my phone it magically updated itself without my acceptance or permission or whatever. The first few days my phone was constantly freezing and stuttering and locking up, but subsided soon after. Until yesterday, when this all happened. I want to say its was something to do with an update or something, but the fact that the only way to keep the phone on is by continuously pressing power just makes no sense. I'm only upset because of the fact that I have to now pay $200 because my barely over a year old phone stopped functioning for absolutely no reason, and that Im going to lose all my photos. I want to go back to the AT&T store and show them the power button thing but I know it wont make a difference since everyone seems extremely unknowledgable and unhelpful. If anyone has had this problem or can atleast help me recover my photos/videos it would be super appreciated.
    12-29-2013 06:02 PM
    I've heard of all kinds of bugs with the 4.3 update for the S3, but this is the first time I heard of a problem with the power not staying on. If it were my phone and I still had it I'd make a stink that would be heard right up to AT&T's CEO's office. (I did when an update bricked my Note 3 because the battery died during the update.)
    12-29-2013 06:16 PM
    Something isn't right with their update. It also bricked my pristine Note II and I too was out of warranty. Of course I demanded a replacement phone since I did nothing to my phone and happen right after the update. The Samsung store tried re flashing it but that didn't work because he said AT&T has not released the binary to them. He said my phone was the 4th one this week and he opened a ticket. So, something is not right with this update. And I'm not too happy with my refurbished unit. It makes a clicking noise like the plastic is separated somewhere and flexes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app
    12-31-2013 08:30 PM
    my phone dose they same thing u could save ur photos just get a USB cord plug it into ur computer then plug the other half to ur phone then u can send all ur music and pics videos all of it to the computer then when ur done it would be like putting music on an ipod but to ur device. ik this cuz my sister did this to her galaxy s3 when she was selling it so she could put all her old stuff on her new phone if this dose not help u u could look it up how to save it to ur computer and it will help
    02-17-2014 07:22 PM
    It's either the copper plates in the battery port on the phone or a chip inside your phone that controls standby and normal uses.
    04-01-2015 03:14 PM