Adding widgets to lockscreen, Jelly Bean 4.3

wmderemer

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Jelly Bean 4.3 on an unrooted AT&T GS3...

I understand that all the widgets that are available on the Galaxy S3 (which I love) can be added to various home screens, and that is all well and good, but why am I limited in which of those widgets can be added to a LOCKscreen? I always have my phone on the center home screen (with the clock/weather widget, etc.) and don't go to the other home screens (use the app drawer to get to my apps instead. That's why i want to add other widgets to my lock screen, for example, an LCD Clock widget i got from the Google Play store (PK Led Clock Widget) to replace Dashclock or the traditional/fixed lock screen clock. When i go to a new lock screen & press the plus sign, i get a very limited list.

Is this a restriction of the OS? If so, then 95% of the widgets are useless to me, but at least I will know to stop looking for how to do this.

Any help appreciated.

Alao, a quick question while I am here... if I remove/delete an entire home screen, the apps themselves will not be removed, just that screenful of shortcuts, correct?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Jelly Bean 4.3 on an unrooted AT&T GS3...

I understand that all the widgets that are available on the Galaxy S3 (which I love) can be added to various home screens, and that is all well and good, but why am I limited in which of those widgets can be added to a LOCKscreen? I always have my phone on the center home screen (with the clock/weather widget, etc.) and don't go to the other home screens (use the app drawer to get to my apps instead. That's why i want to add other widgets to my lock screen, for example, an LCD Clock widget i got from the Google Play store (PK Led Clock Widget) to replace Dashclock or the traditional/fixed lock screen clock. When i go to a new lock screen & press the plus sign, i get a very limited list.

Is this a restriction of the OS? If so, then 95% of the widgets are useless to me, but at least I will know to stop looking for how to do this.

Any help appreciated.

Alao, a quick question while I am here... if I remove/delete an entire home screen, the apps themselves will not be removed, just that screenful of shortcuts, correct?

To #2, yes, deleting a homescreen just removes the app icons, not the apps themselves.

As for the widgets in the lockscreen, that is probably a limitation of the app developer, not the OS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL