chrome problems 4.3

Austin185

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Ever since 4.3, google chrome has this problem where I search the internet then click home button to do something else and I go back to chrome and its just black. I have to refresh the page for it to go back to the screen I was on. I don't kill the app when I leave it. Is there a fix for this?

Posted via Android Central App

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Are you using standard Chrome or Beta?

I use a Moto XT1032 with Chrome Beta and have the same issue, although I don't refresh the page and just tap the screen a time or two to bring it back. I've never noticed this on standard Chrome, but then again I've only used it when I've launched it by accident.

Chris8414

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Do us all a favor and dump Chrome, its absolute garbage for an internet app.... Go ahead and download Dolphin Browser. Absolutely no problems!!!!!!

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Ever since 4.3, google chrome has this problem where I search the internet then click home button to do something else and I go back to chrome and its just black. I have to refresh the page for it to go back to the screen I was on. I don't kill the app when I leave it. Is there a fix for this?

Posted via Android Central App

You don't have to refresh it. Just drag your finger up or down like you're scrolling the page and it comes right back. For some reason, it's just not redrawing the page when you re-open it.

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I've never noticed this on standard Chrome, but then again I've only used it when I've launched it by accident.

I take it back: I've just deliberately been browsing with standard Chrome to check again and the issue is there when switching tasks.

Received the latest update of Chrome Beta yesterday and the bug is still there in that version as well, but in either version it clears itself with one tap on the screen. Not ideal but I can live with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol