Hiding the clock in status bar on rooted GS3 running CM 11 snapshot

Ghostnyc

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi All

I recently updated from CM 10.2.1 to CM 11-20140104 Snapshot, which according to the change log was comprised mostly of optimizations and bug fixes. One immediate issue I am having is hiding the system clock in the status bar. I have searched through all the settings options and cannot find a way to hide it (or remove it).

I use Zooper widget pro for a custom clock on home screen, so having clock on status bar is redundant. Additionally I use Apex Launcher Pro.

Any info or feedback is appreciated, Thanks

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Normally this is easy to find if its in there which it should be. You will have usually a few options like NO CLOCK, CENTER CLOCK and then sometimes left and right side of status bar.

Usually they place it with the mods for signal strength & battery displays.

Ghostnyc

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Normally this is easy to find if its in there which it should be. You will have usually a few options like NO CLOCK, CENTER CLOCK and then sometimes left and right side of status bar.

Usually they place it with the mods for signal strength & battery displays.

I went through every setting, every option and Im still not seeing it. I recall this being a simple item that could be toggled on/off within the Settings/ Date & Time option. Additionally I checked Settings/Interface/Status bar and there is no option for time.

phil737

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, I'm running CM11 Snapshot with Nova Launcher Pro. The system settings menu doesn't have the option you're looking for, but Nova settings under "look and feel" has a "hide clock" option. Maybe an easy fix if you're not too attached to Apex Launcher?

Ghostnyc

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Just an update to close out this thread- CM 11 snapshot M3 corrected this issue. The option is now available in Settings/interface/Status bar

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18