after update weird adds

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Okay I just got an s3 a week ago.. did the software update and now I get these weird ads that play no video no picture just audio that pops out of nowhere does it bout 2-3 times a day anyone else have this problem

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you buy your phone new or used? If used, perhaps there's a remnant of some adware from the previous owner. If new, then have you been installing apps? One of those apps certainly could be carrying adware.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The second part of my question was if you had installed any apps. The adware is likely from one of those apps, and should go away if you uninstall it. The challenge is to figure out which one is responsible.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you install all of those apps directly from Google Play? If you downloaded them from other sites, the risk of malware or adware goes up.

There is no official Craigslist app, so whichever one you installed could potentially carry some adware.

Also, considering how popular Clash of Clans is, make sure your version is legitimate. It should be this one from Supercell.

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Yea all came from Google play and the version of craigslist I have I've always used with no issues... deleted all of them and hasn't happened yet

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith