Samsung Galaxy S3 Major Battery Issue

Lee Kirby

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I got this phone as a replacement since my old galaxies power button broke and wouldn't turn on around 6 months ago. Ever since I have got the phone the battery has drained horribly. I have tried factory resetting, new batteries, new chargers, anything I can to fix it, my battery isn't actually draining, when I put mine in someone elses phone it works fine. It came with I think 4.1.2 and has been updated to 4.3 but the issue has stayed the same.

2ppikbb.png

1zmpmoy.png

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
A co-worker and I have both been experiencing this battery drain issue recently. While we were talking I remembered that last week the Samsung Push Service was updated. I wonder if that has a bug that is causing the service to hang or run in the background, draining the battery.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I have got the phone the battery has drained horribly.
Welcome to the forums!

I'll say that's pretty horrible! I can't even see the drop from 100% to 5%, it's so quick.

There's either something REALLY wrong with your hardware or the firmware is totally borked. You can try using the Kies software on your computer to reload the firmware or do it manually using a tool called Odin (just Google it - look for v3.07) and the firmware, which you can find here - select your device in the drop-down list in the upper left corner and get the latest version. You can look in any rooting sub-forum for instructions on how to use Odin.

While you're at it you'll want to boot into Recovery mode and clear the system cache.

If reloading the firmware doesn't make any difference then it's time to get another replacement.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Lee Kirby

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
i am unable to reload the firmware since at a certain percentage kies refuses to do anything, it continously asks me to charge the battery saying it is low.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz