Battery Draining - Knox Notification Manager seems to be culprit

sheinz58

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello! So, I am currently on my second S3 through ATT and for the most part I absolutely love the phone. The only problem I've faced with both phones is that there seems to be some major battery issues to the point that I won't really use my phone much throughout the day and it'll be dead within seven hours, if not sooner. I have the Clean Master app and when I look at the breakdown of what is using my battery Knox Notification Manager is always the most at anywhere between 25-40% of my battery. I don't really know what this program is doing but from what I've read online it doesn't seem like it is really necessary to the functioning of my phone. I've tried turning it off through the app info page but that box is greyed out. I can "Force Stop" it which helps a lot with the battery life but the app will eventually turn back on again. I've seen other ways of turning it off, but that all involved rooting the phone which isn't something I want to jump into blindly since I know there are some risks involved.

Has anyone else ever dealt with this issue? Should I just try rooting my phone and going through the other ways of deactivating Knox, and if so what is the most reliable way to root it?

Any type of help would be much appreciated, thanks.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums!

This is the first mention that I've seen of that app/service. I assume that you've rebooted the phone and the problem persists?

Since you can't disable it you'd have to be rooted to be able to mess with it. Depending on your firmware version and kernel date you may be able to use Towelroot (http://towelroot.com) to easily root the device. It won't hurt to try it - if it doesn't work nothing bad should happen.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

sheinz58

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! I figured when I couldn't find an answer just through googling I might as well directly ask someone.

I was looking into Towelroot earlier today, but it doesn't seem to be working. When I try and download it on my phone it just keeps opening new blank tabs (it's gotten up to 21 before I restarted my browser) and when I tried downloading it on my computer I get an alert about a possible torjan virus and then the download fails. Any other rooting suggestions?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
When I try and download it on my phone it just keeps opening new blank tabs (it's gotten up to 21 before I restarted my browser)
That weirdness happens when I use the Chrome browser but it worked fine when I used the stock browser (aka Internet).

Edit: when I used the Firefox browser it showed me machine code rather than downloading the apk file.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

MonkeyLove88

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if you ever found another rooting software but my husband and I use SuperSU along with SU Root Checker. Root checker makes sure that none of our other apps have affected the root on our phones. And it also makes sure that the root doesn't get removed/affected/messed up after updating Super SU. Husband has a Note II and I have a GalaxyS4. Hope this helps you. I am now trying to figure out what Knox Notification Manager is because it is taking up space on my phone and if I don't absolutely need it then I want it gone, lol. :-!

Edit: You can disable Knox if you download and install SuperSU from Google Play.

Sandy Flint

May 10, 2015
Visit site
hello,:)
I tried to fight with knox under the root half a year ago and had to make a hard reset and reinstall all applications as a result. Still, I must admit it's really useless if your life does not depent on push messages. I'm not sure that killing knox made me isolated from push messages of the program I was using, but hard reset helped and returned KNM. Thus, we are friendly now.;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan