Why is my email suddenly saying, "Maximum number of messages (5000) shown"?

macd753

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
A while back I quit seeing email notifications. I went in and a window pops up at the bottom saying, "Maximum number of messages (5000) shown". I can manually sync and see my emails, but it's like playing whack a mole trying to mark them as read. I'll check them off and select mark as read and it will take 15-20 seconds, then some of them will go back to being unread and I have to check them off again. Then I get a notification for the emails that I just marked as read. Really annoying.

I am using a zoho.com email account that I have used since I got my phone February of 2013. I'm runnning the current version of AT&T's 4.4.2. I literally just saw there was a new update that was released 11/12/14 and updated. It did not solve anything. I have never had a problem with this. I just went and deleted roughly 5000 emails and am now down to about 6 thousand. Just back to January 1st of 2013. I don't understand why that would matter though. I have been having over 5000 emails in my account for the majority of the time I have been using this phone. Why all of sudden is it telling me, "The maximum number of messages (5000) shown". I have contacted zoho.com about it but they don't seem to know anything. I don't get it.

I have tried deleting my zoho.com account and adding it again and it didn't do anything. I even tried deleting and adding it again just now after I updated and that didn't do anything. Am I really no longer able to have more than 5000 emails total in my Zoho.com email account if I want to use the email app on my phone? Is there some way around this? I quit using gmail a while back because I got tired of Google so I'm trying to avoid using them.

I'm pretty sure I've been through all the email settings and have never seen any setting for the number of emails you want stored on your phone. All I need would be a week or so. This is freaking stupid. There has got to be a better solution than deleting another 2 or 3 thousand emails.

chmeee_ab_cdn

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting the same message on a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (SGH-I317M)
running 4.4.2

"Maximum number of messages (5000) shown".

E-mail is on Active-Sync with our office exchange server.

I recently backed up my old damaged Note 2 and transferred everything to a
new Note 2. The message appeared right away on the new phone, but had
never appeared before on the original. No significant change in the number
of e-mails in the Exchange account over the time it took to get the new phone
running, and the old phone was still synced to the account over wi-fi and
did not complain using the "Maximum" message.

From the very few references to "Maximum number of messages (5000) shown"
that I can find, it looks like this is rare. I'm not holding out much hope for a
resolution. At least the message seems to be merely annoying, and the e-mail
client seems to be functioning correctly.

-C
Calgary AB CDN 2014-12-18

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza