Galaxy S3 won't turn on or show charging light after attempted factory reset

kytodd1

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I attempted factory reset now the phone won't turn on or show that it is charging. I have tried holding volume, home, and power buttons......nothing. Phone does absolutely nothing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How did you do the factory reset--from the Settings menu, or the hardware button method?

Try pulling the battery, wait 10 seconds, then put it back in. Press and hold Power for a good 10-15 seconds to see if it will power on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What prompted you to do the factory reset in the first place? Was it exhibiting odd behavior beforehand? I wonder if it was starting to malfunction before the reset, and then something in the hardware totally failed afterwards.

If possible, try a new or different battery.

kytodd1

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
It was not connecting with WiFi anywhere. I had been on the phone with my provider for about 45 minutes trying different options, but nothing worked. They said the reset was the only option. I waiting for about a week or so before doing this. Was trying everything to stay away from doing the reset. Will only be able to try a battery on Monday at work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz