SGH-I747 wont update past 4.1.1 after unroot w/ Odin

JWaldz

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
My S5 Active got stolen so I'm back to my piece of crap S3 until I can save some money up to buy a new phone. I bought the S3 when it first came out and immediately rooted it. So, I never updated it before getting the S5 active. It was running on 4.0. something, can't remember. I don't remember what process I used to root it but OTA updates no longer worked. Anyways, now that I'm using it again and don't care for the root I wanted to update it to make it run a little better. I used sammobile to source a factory 4.1.1 update and used Odin to fix me up. Now that I'm running 4.1.1 it won't update to anything newer. Kies also wont show it needs an update. What are my options here?? I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse asking the question but thought maybe my situation might be a little different since I unrooted to 4.1.1

Any help or suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
J

JWaldz

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Well Saturday (02/21) my phone decided to do a firmware update out of the blue.. Eager to see which update it was I let it do its thing. When it finished I checked the firmware and to my dismay it was 4.3 CRAP! Phone started acting up by constantly showing downloaded items in the notifications bar as well as reoccurring notifications of the same emails over and over. I sorted out the problems to the best I could. I was just hoping my phone didn't end up bricked in the long run. Until late last night (02/23) my phone randomly updated me of a new firmware. I let it do its thing again as I already had 4.3, what could be worse. When finished, I ended up with 4.4.2. Well I'm a happy camper again :) No problems to report! Knock on wood....

mike568

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
You could have taken it to any Best Buy store with the Samsung Experience inside and would have upgraded to 4.4.2 directly. When my GS3 was my primary phone I never updated past 4.1 with root. Once I got my GS5 I started messing system files and bricked it. The Samsung Experience fixed for free after warranty and Knox was showing triped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk