Issues after factory reset

Necropyro

May 20, 2015
Visit site
After doing a factory reset on my S3, and reinstalling all my apps I noticed a problem. Examples of this problem are, Unable to download photos from facebook, when you try all it says is error downloading. Try to download anything from Zedge.....download failed. Seems like any time I try to download anything from within an app it is unable to. Phone is rooted and have tried using the Kit Kat SD Card fix, since it is running 4.4.2 and still having the same issues. Anybody have any ideas as to what it might be?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you can download from a web page, it's not the apps, it's more likely a glitch in the reset. You may have to flash a stock ROM, then root again and apply the SD card mod. (It's not really a "fix", it just makes a few changes in resource ownership, which results in the card being writable by anything, anywhere.)

Necropyro

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Spent the last few days searching for a unrooted stock 4.4.2 firmware for my phone, seem to have struck out. Every one that I find is either 4.1 or its 4.4 but prerooted. Not sure where to go from here.