AT&T Smartphone Trade-In

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I recently switched from Sprint to AT&T and purchased the HTC One smartphone. I was able to trade in my previous Sprint HTC 4G LTE at my local AT&T store for $100, which was easier and faster than sending it into HTC for their trade up program. AT&T seems to have a promotion now that will round up the value of your smartphone to $100 if it's below that value. I have two old Palm Pre smartphones at home which they will also take for $100 each, so I'm planning to turn them in also for credit.

If you want to check the value of your smartphone, you can use this link:

https://tradein-program.att.com

inisfree

May 4, 2013
Visit site
AT&T rep told me I could hand in as many phones as I had (he said 15...probably BS), and get credit for all of them....not sure if its true but might be...
Of course I took in a couple of ancient samsung mythic's....no go.....Bazzztards...Also told me I could get $100 on my iPhone 5....Gee Thanks but I'll hold onto that...just in case ;-P

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I read in some other forums that people are buying 3 year old smartphones off eBay really cheap, and turning them into AT&T for $100 each with this promotion. I don't know if that is really true or not, but the AT&T Store doesn't seem to be too picky about it. It was a nice way for me to get rid of some unused smartphones and get some cash back to offset the cost of the ETF with Sprint to switch to AT&T.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Unless you have an old crappy phone. You'll typically make out better selling your phone and using that cash towards your AT&T purchase. I was in the store today buying another HTC One at no commitment pricing and saw people turn in two 32GB iPhone 4S's for $100 each..

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Supposedly, AT&T should give you more than $100 if it's worth more in their system. I agree that for iPhones it's probably better to sell them on swappa.com or eBay.

Today I traded in an old BlackBerry Curve that has been in my desk drawer for the last 3 years and a old HTC Surround (which I used for app dev testing). So with this promotion I ended up with $500 credit in my account for trading in 5 phones (most of them not really worth much). An excellent opportunity to get good cash for some old phones, IMO.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Does the phone have to work? I have an HP Veer that's in perfect shape besides the sim tray pins being broken.

Sent from my Sony Xperia P

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
If you go to the AT&T web site and find the trade in link, you can enter the details for your phone to see what the value is. On that page they ask you about the condition of the phone, if it had water damage, if it will turn on, etc. In my case, all of my old phones powered up and were in good condition to get the $100 credit for each.

I would say that if your phone powers up it will fetch $100. They didn't look over my old phones too closely.

inisfree

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I got an HTC One too and love it...awesome piece of HW!
Unless you have an old crappy phone. You'll typically make out better selling your phone and using that cash towards your AT&T purchase. I was in the store today buying another HTC One at no commitment pricing and saw people turn in two 32GB iPhone 4S's for $100 each..

anon(624798)

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Just yesterday my wife and I also switched from Sprint to AT&T. We both traded in our old phones for the $100 credit ($200 total) towards a new phone. I got the GS4 and she got the HTC One. With the credits we got both phones for about $226 out the door w/ a 2-year contract, which is less than what the upgrade price for the GS4 alone with Sprint is ($249). We lose the unlimited data, but we were only using 2.5-4 GB per month anyway, so whatever. So I think we made out pretty good.

If you're looking at taking advantage of this promotion I recommend you go to a company store. We went to an authorized retailer and they told us our phones were too old to get the full $100. When I questioned him he said we had to be within 3 years of the phone's release date to qualify. I understood that, but the Epic 4g (mine) was released in Aug 2010, and the Eco Shift (hers) was released in Jan 2011 making them both within the 3 year threshold. I didn't have that info handy at the time, unfortnately. But it wouldn't have been worth the energy to argue about it anyway. They were only going to give us $10 for mine and $12 for hers. So I pretty much said F U to the guy (in my head) and we left and went down the street to the company store where we had no problems at all. We didn't even mention the incident at the dealer store. They just said, "Yeah...we'll give you $100 for both of those." The whole deal only took about 30 minutes to complete. It really is as easy as the commercial makes it seem if you go to a company store. So I think the dealer was trying to bone us.

Nonetheless...both phones are awesome so we have no regrets as of yet.

sclRanger

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I just checked what they would give me for my AT&T iPhone 4s 16 GB. $200 was the offer. I upgrade in a couple weeks. May do it, would be easier than selling it myself. I would sell my Captivate, but the power button no longer works. I have to use an app to turn it off and on. The samsuck craptivate is why I tried the iphone. Had it replaced 2 times. The gps still sucked. The first replacement was because of it just turning off on its on.

iduarte21

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I was going to hold off on the One, but with this deal (I had an old EVO 4G, and an EVO 3D) laying around I couldn't resist and I came out 53.99 out of pocket. I couldn't be happier. :)

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Yep, AT&T totally gave me $100 for that old HP Veer I had sitting around. This promotion is great if you've got a phone that isn't worth much in the open market.

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I recently got my daughter an iPhone 5 with a bumber case for 84.00. I traded in my 3g for 100.00 and got 39.90 for my 3gs because the plastic was cracked.

I would recommend anyone to look upgrade to take advantage of this offer.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Antonio Gil

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I just walked in yesterday and picked up that HTC one with the Beats pill for 99. i also traded in my Iphone 4 and walked out with an 8 dollar credit so in short they paid me 8 bucks to upgrade lol.

jlongrc

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I sold my iPhone 4 for $250 on eBay. Someone hit Buy it Now about 5 minutes after I listed it. Obviously lost some of that to eBay/PayPal, but still a much better deal than trade. Worth thinking about.

likeag8

Banned
Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&T Smartphone Trade-In

That $100 for the iPhone 4Ses is pretty low. If I was them, I would have sold them on ebay or somewhere else.

- - - Updated - - -

I use myphoneprice.com which compare all major trade-in programs.

So, you can find the best trade-in or cash offer place for your phone.

hope this help

Thanks for that resource. I have a few old Androids laying around so I'll have to check it out.