Delayed receipt of text messages and phone calls - desperate for help

Colosseum

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 about three weeks ago. Immediately I was plagued by problems of receiving text messages late, and in large clumps -- sometimes 6 or 7 messages were received at the same time. When people called me, I wouldn't receive their message until I saw that I had tons of new voicemails about an hour after they called. I went to AT&T, and they replaced my sim card with no change. Went in a few days later and they replaced my Galaxy S4. No change. I was fed up, so I decided to switch to the HTC One (I like it much more than the Galaxy), thinking my troubles were behind me. I'm still experiencing the exact same issue.

After doing a bit of research I found out that this sort of thing can happen when iMessaging isn't disabled on an iPhone before it's reset and you get your new phone. Fortunately, my dad is now using my old iPhone and we reset it to factory settings making sure to turn off iMessaging this time. Still absolutely no change in the problem. I was on skype with my dad watching him call me with nothing coming through on my end, and the same with texts. When he calls me it goes straight to voicemail with no ringing.

I'm using the HTC One which just came out in April 2013 and I'm on Android version 4.1.2. This problem is making it completely impossible for anyone to contact me and is really interfering with my life. I'll do anything to get it to work again. If there's any more information you need to know about the situation, please let me know and I'll try to provide it. Thank you very much for any help you can offer.

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
It sounds more like a provisioning issue with your AT&T service. I can see iMessaging impacting your text messages not getting sent to the new device, but that should have absolutely no bearing on your voice calls. I'd suggest calling AT&T to have them trouble-shoot the service.

Colosseum

May 24, 2013
Visit site
The problem is temporarily resolved. The only thing I changed was WDCMA preferred to WDCMA only in phone options accessed by typing a special number to the keypad. I'll call att tech support if the problem comes back, although I have already called them with no progress being made.

yasuro

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
i had the same problem. have your dad backup his iphone to itunes. reset the iphone and set it up with your apple id. after setup got to messaging setting and disable imessage. then reset again and restore from your dad's backup. this worked for me when i had this problem.

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
A few things can cause that issue, it can be a problem on the device (like a bug or bad setting) or on the network itself (which you have little control over). I?m glad that the WDCMA options fixed this issue for you. Isn?t it funny how something so simple can fix such an annoying problem?

If it comes back and starts giving you trouble again or if changing the WDCMA setting doesn?t fix the messaging then check out How to fix delayed texts messages on your mobile phone for some other troubleshooting suggestions on how to fix this issue.

I love my Galaxy S4, I?m sorry you had such a bad experience right out of the gate.

~ Moneypenny~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34