Proper method to use a Mophie?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Picked up a Mophie today.. HIDEOUS looking thing. In any event.. should I leave my phone in it always.. let the Mophie charge my phone to full, flick it off in the back.. use it normally, then when both my phone battery gets low, turn the Mophie on.. charge it full, then turn it off and rinse/repeat?

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I use it on my Galaxy S3 but I usually just leave it on. That depletes the Mophie battery first and keeps the phone's battery fully charged. That way if I ever had to, I could take the case off and still have a full charge. It also lets you take off the case and charge it separately and still be able to use the phone.

rkleung

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I use it on my Galaxy S3 but I usually just leave it on. That depletes the Mophie battery first and keeps the phone's battery fully charged. That way if I ever had to, I could take the case off and still have a full charge. It also lets you take off the case and charge it separately and still be able to use the phone.

Did you notice any issues with the battery holding the charge over time?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Did you notice any issues with the battery holding the charge over time?

I am having that issue right now with this brand new mophie. I charge both at night, unplug in the morning. I use my phone until it's like 40% and then flip on the mophie and it doesn't even charge my device back to full. The battery in the mophie is supposed to have a 2500mAH which is bigger than the one in the phone! Is my device defective?

I've seen that I can leave the mophie charging all night, unplug it and plug it back in and it continues to charge..um?

GMasonDragonDad

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
How well does it protect the phone? Any info as to it being splash proof? I assume there will be circuit loss converting from a case battery->USB->phone battery...

Christopher Lee

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I am having that issue right now with this brand new mophie. I charge both at night, unplug in the morning. I use my phone until it's like 40% and then flip on the mophie and it doesn't even charge my device back to full. The battery in the mophie is supposed to have a 2500mAH which is bigger than the one in the phone! Is my device defective?

I've seen that I can leave the mophie charging all night, unplug it and plug it back in and it continues to charge..um?

I have the same exact issue! When I turn the screen off, it loses 1% until 1-2 hours or so. Then when I am at 50% and I use the morphie pack to charge my phone, it couldn't even reach 100%(Stoped around 87% for me). I suggest when your phone is at 65-70% or so and you are planning to use it a lot for the rest of the day, turn it on. I think this is because the HTC One doesn't have fast charge so it takes longer time to transfer energy and during that transfer a lot of battery is lost.

>Note that the company suggests you to charge it when its 20% and put it back to standby once it hits 80% because after 80% it takes longer to charge to a 100.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci