Any update on 4.2.2 update?

GabrielStorm

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
nothing yet. UK got it yesterday. we probably aren't too far behind.
just remember, at&t has to tweak it to their own needs and specs. (add bloatware)
then we get it. my guess is end of month.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
nothing yet. UK got it yesterday. we probably aren't too far behind.
just remember, at&t has to tweak it to their own needs and specs. (add bloatware)
then we get it. my guess is end of month.

I'd be shocked if any of us got it by the end of the month :eek:.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Yep! Looks like UK are lucky to get the updates! Hopefully it will be by the end of month for us!

Posted via Android Central App

R2D2

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I REALLY wish this would hurry up and happen. I'm sitting here with my Vivid but salivating to get the One. BUT I don't want to buy one today only to have it upgraded a couple weeks later. Maybe I am being dumb about it. The main reason I want to throw my Vivid (running 4.0.3 and Sense 3.6) off a tall cliff is due to the iPhone group messaging issue. Nobody can tell me for sure if the 4.1.2 version of the One can handle group messaging properly, but everyone agrees the 4.2.2 and Sense 5.0 will handle it fine. I don't want to spend $200 on a brand new 4.1.2 phone only to have to download GoSMS pro so I can group message my iphone friends...not to mention continue listening to their ridicule about my Android. :(

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
If HTC Mini is coming to ATT, it will be equipped with 4.2.2 out of the box. That gives a hope as ATT would already be testing their apps for One 4.2.2 update too.

However, I cant understand why the hell these carriers should be given the job of deciding when users receive the update. Hope someday someone changes this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20