AT&T One and group messaging compatiablitty

R2D2

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I would love for someone to answer a couple of simple questions for me...

1st. Will the AT&T ONE in stock form properly group message with multiple iPhone users?

2nd. If the answer to 1 is "no" will the eventual upgrade to 4.2.2 allow this to work with native software?

3rd. If the answer to 2 is "yes", out of curiosity, is it the 4.2.2 JB upgrade that makes it possible, or is it Sense 5.0 that makes it happen.

THANKS!!!

jerseykirby

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
This is actually what has made me go back to the iPhone, group messaging period on any android device. Even with the proper settings, I could never get group messaging to reply properly. I can send to multiple people just fine but when I was replied to it was always separate replies. It was very frustrating. I love the One very much, it served to be a fantastic device I just couldn't deal with that annoyance.

R2D2

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes! Group messaging works for all including all iPhone users.

This is actually what has made me go back to the iPhone, group messaging period on any android device. Even with the proper settings, I could never get group messaging to reply properly. I can send to multiple people just fine but when I was replied to it was always separate replies. It was very frustrating. I love the One very much, it served to be a fantastic device I just couldn't deal with that annoyance.

Ok...so we have conflicting replies here, does it work properly or not??? And when I say "properly" my main objective is getting all the group replies in one thread like jerseykirby mentioned. Currently on my vivid with 4.0.3 and Sense 3.6 I have to run GoSMS Pro. GoSMS's heart is in the right place and it is better than nothing, but it is extremely clunky and prone to failure when trying to receive a group message. I really don't want to buy a brand new ONE only to have to download GoSMS again and have my iphone friends laugh at me when I cant keep up with the group text because GoSMS is taking its own sweet time catching up.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok...so we have conflicting replies here, does it work properly or not??? And when I say "properly" my main objective is getting all the group replies in one thread like jerseykirby mentioned. Currently on my vivid with 4.0.3 and Sense 3.6 I have to run GoSMS Pro. GoSMS's heart is in the right place and it is better than nothing, but it is extremely clunky and prone to failure when trying to receive a group message. I really don't want to buy a brand new ONE only to have to download GoSMS again and have my iphone friends laugh at me when I cant keep up with the group text because GoSMS is taking its own sweet time catching up.

Yes it does work properly. I have a Developer Edition on At&t, my daughter has a At&t Htc One, my wife has an iphone 4s on At&t. We group message regularly and it works fine for all of us on each of our phones, all within the same message thread. I also have an S4 that I use on occasion and that works as well. On my One I also get the option to send as individual messages within the message thread that can be selected at will. I don't recall my S4 having that option although you can control that from the message app settings. Some have reported having group messaging problems but I have not any any issues at all, it just works as it should with the stock messaging app. You do need to select the group message option in the message app settings as has been previously mentioned in another reply.

R2D2

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
mhunter, thanks! Exactly the info I was looking for. I'll go to the ATT store this weekend and pick one up.

On a related note, I have some fiends with Samsung 4Ss and they have worked properly as well. But I'm pretty sure they are already running 4.2.2, so I thought maybe that's why they were having so much luck. Currently I don't have any friends running any ATT device with 4.1 that I could compare to.

Last edited:

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes you are correct S4 is on 4.2.2 and U.S. versions Htc One currently on 4.1.2 but for me on AT&T both work fine with group messaging as I said. I have not had any problems with stock messaging apps on both my devices, One and S4. I routinely group text people with android and iOS devices without any issues.

Good luck with your new phone, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2