Restore installed apps?

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I had to reset my phone yesterday. I backup using Google Account. When the restore was complete, I added my Google Account and selected restore my apps. However, I don't see the apps getting installed. If my go to 'My Apps' page in the Store app - I can see all my apps there, but i am not able to install multiple apps at once.

I thought Google installed previously available apps for that device when it restored the apps? It happened to my Nexus but doesn't seem to happen in my One.

The only solution I have found so far is to manually install the apps (which is PITA!)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I agree that should have worked the way you describe. Sounds like a goof in the restore. I've been down that road manually installing them from desktop thru Google play. Its alittle more work but can be done much quicker than doing it directly from the device.

JRKegley

May 29, 2013
Visit site
After dealing with a few resets on older phones and not getting everything back I've started just making a list/grid of all my apps and pages the way they are before the reset so I can manually get everything back and looking like it was before. Its a little more work but doesn't take too long as long as you aren't waiting to install like 20 games or anything. Lol

HTC One on T-Mobile via Android Central App

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Seems like restoring apps is 4.2.2. feature! I use Nexus too and Nexus is already 4.2.2 and thus was able to restore apps for every reset. I just installed Android Revolution HD ROM with 4.2.2 and it is downloading and installing all of my apps now!