So i'm wanting to upgrade from my Blackberry 8830 and one of the phones I am looking at is the HTC one. The only thing is, the phone has been out for only a few weeks and already there are many used ones for sale on Ebay. I'm thinking the phone might not be very good at all that people hate it so much that they buy a $700 phone and sell it the next week. I am also looking at the Iphone but I can't get over how small they make the screens and I was also looking at a nexus 4, but i've heard the battery life is horrible in it.
    07-23-2013 05:40 PM
    So i'm wanting to upgrade from my Blackberry 8830 and one of the phones I am looking at is the HTC one. The only thing is, the phone has been out for only a few weeks and already there are many used ones for sale on Ebay. I'm thinking the phone might not be very good at all that people hate it so much that they buy a $700 phone and sell it the next week. I am also looking at the Iphone but I can't get over how small they make the screens and I was also looking at a nexus 4, but i've heard the battery life is horrible in it.
    The phone has been out more than a few weeks.. It's been out since end of March / beginning of April.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    07-23-2013 06:40 PM
    I don't think that's a reflection of if the phone is good or not. I've tried every high end device and it's the best.

Sent from my HTC ONE fully converted to the Google Play Edition
    paguru likes this.
    07-23-2013 06:56 PM
    Ok thanks. Now im just trying to justify the price but im not sure im ready to drop almost a grand on a phone. Hmmm, what to do, lol
    07-23-2013 07:22 PM
    I have had mine since April and it is by far the best I have ever had.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    07-23-2013 07:30 PM
    Ok thanks. Now im just trying to justify the price but im not sure im ready to drop almost a grand on a phone. Hmmm, what to do, lol
    It shouldnt be almost a grand...check swappa, or your local craigslist. It seems to be mid 600s to mid 500s in most places. Sometimes lower.

Jennifer Stough
    Forums Moderator
    Droid DNA
    dmxjago likes this.
    07-23-2013 07:42 PM
    It shouldnt be almost a grand...check swappa, or your local craigslist. It seems to be mid 600s to mid 500s in most places. Sometimes lower.

Jennifer Stough
    Forums Moderator
    Droid DNA
    Yep I saw some now on ebay for $579 brand new. Just gotta decide between that and the nexus 4 or waiting for the nexus 5.

Edit.... I'm looking at ebay and I'm seeing a used one shipping from China at $610 current bid. Then just under it is another of the same condition shipping from the us for $525 and a brand new one for $579 with no bids, very weird. Maybe people don't want to underpay?
    07-23-2013 07:57 PM
    Do you all think $470 buy it now, is a good price? Owner says it's still basically new, no scratches and all accessories are still wrapped. Im thinking about buying it, and I'm pretty sure paypal is good with giving money back in disputes if the phone isnt as described or wont activate on my net10
    07-23-2013 09:24 PM
    It seems like a good deal on my opinion.

HTC One on T-Mobile via Android Central App
    07-24-2013 06:59 PM
    I saw one on my local craigslist for $180. Not too bad eh?
    07-30-2013 09:39 PM
    I picked up a brand new Stealth Black on Ebay for $495.00.
    08-01-2013 01:59 PM
    go to the HTC website, you can buy an Unlocked 32g for 599.00
    08-06-2013 10:24 AM
    I would check on Craigslist. I just bought a 3 week old 32gb HTC One in perfect condition for $400. I always seem to find better deals on Craigslist over ebay.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-09-2013 09:46 AM
    OOOOOOOr, wait until your due for an upgrade and spend $300. Whats all this talk about 4,5,600? If youre using an 8830, you should definitely be out of contact yeah?
    08-09-2013 11:04 AM
    I picked up a black one from eBay and I got to say it's the best phone ever. Long battery life to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    08-13-2013 06:41 PM
    That's how almost any blockbuster smartphone will be. I've heard of people buying them for the subsidized price and then canceling the contract immediately, paying the ETF, and selling it as new for $650+.

I've never had problems with it. I'm in love with this thing. The only "issue" I would fix is battery life. It's solid and gets me through the day, but I would have been okay with 2800mAh at the expense of thinness.

08-14-2013 03:08 PM
    That's how almost any blockbuster smartphone will be. I've heard of people buying them for the subsidized price and then canceling the contract immediately, paying the ETF, and selling it as new for $650+.

I've never had problems with it. I'm in love with this thing. The only "issue" I would fix is battery life. It's solid and gets me through the day, but I would have been okay with 2800mAh at the expense of thinness.

Wow I never new that you could do that. But now that you mention it the person I bought mine from didn't run an eBay store and the phone was brand new so that's probably what he did. Although I think that the etf fee basically adds up to the retail price of the phone because if that was the case wouldn't everyone just cancel contracts and get cheap phones?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    08-14-2013 04:17 PM