Emergency alerts

lmf22

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone in California receive that Amber Alert last night (August 5) on their AT&T HTC One? I did not and curious why that is. I do not see a setting in the Messages settings for emergency alerts.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone in California receive that Amber Alert last night (August 5) on their AT&T HTC One? I did not and curious why that is. I do not see a setting in the Messages settings for emergency alerts.

It depends on your area. If the event happened in say San Francisco, people in San Diego most likely won't hear anything, especially if the perpetrator has no reason to go there.

Coleman Lee

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Whats weird is that my area code is a San Francisco area code and so is my friends. I received about 8 txt messages from AT&T over the past 24 hours regarding the Amber Alert. We both have AT&T HTC Ones but only I have been receiving the texts from AT&T, weird situation also that not everyone is getting these emergency messages.

GabrielStorm

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
maybe at&t has given us WEA/CMAS alerts.
they are location dependent. can be turned off EXCEPT for presidential alerts.
i'll have to investigate my settings later today.

cvflowe

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I carry an iPhone and the One, I received the alert on the iPhone and not the One. I was wondering about this as well

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

GabrielStorm

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
iphone 4/4s/5 have had a carrier update pushed to the device in the last few weeks.
I keep hoping that our Ones will get something soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781