HTC One stuck on "HTC Quietly Brilliant" loading screen

James Lown

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Late yesterday I experienced a problem where my phone would shut off without me making it do so. I then proceeded to turn it back on and it went through the loading screen, which confused me because I have the fast boot always on. It went through the AT&T logo and HTC logo screen then went to the stock HTC One lock screen. I thought it was maybe just a minor error but when I went to unlock my phone it asked me for my Encryption password; I have never set an encryption password before. I then took it to AT&T and they had to factory reset my phone. Needless to say I lost everything. So last night I re-downloaded my apps and synced up all of my accounts I use. There was no problem until this morning as I am waiting to enter my school. I was browsing twitter and my phone randomly went black. Then it went back to the HTC loading page. I then turned it back off just as before. As it came back on it everything seemed to be fine. I then went to refresh my BlinkFeed and an error message popped up and said something I can only equate to saying the operating system had failed. Before I could click "OK" it shut off and went to a very strange screen. It wasn't producing any light from the screen and it looked sort of like how a calculator looks if look at it from an angle. It seemed to have panels of the screen on it. I then held down the power button and it came back on but is now stuck on the HTC Quietly Brilliant screen. It keeps getting warmer, and when I hold down the lock button the home button and back button start the flash. I have no idea what is going on but it is very annoying.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Late yesterday I experienced a problem where my phone would shut off without me making it do so. I then proceeded to turn it back on and it went through the loading screen, which confused me because I have the fast boot always on. It went through the AT&T logo and HTC logo screen then went to the stock HTC One lock screen. I thought it was maybe just a minor error but when I went to unlock my phone it asked me for my Encryption password; I have never set an encryption password before. I then took it to AT&T and they had to factory reset my phone. Needless to say I lost everything. So last night I re-downloaded my apps and synced up all of my accounts I use. There was no problem until this morning as I am waiting to enter my school. I was browsing twitter and my phone randomly went black. Then it went back to the HTC loading page. I then turned it back off just as before. As it came back on it everything seemed to be fine. I then went to refresh my BlinkFeed and an error message popped up and said something I can only equate to saying the operating system had failed. Before I could click "OK" it shut off and went to a very strange screen. It wasn't producing any light from the screen and it looked sort of like how a calculator looks if look at it from an angle. It seemed to have panels of the screen on it. I then held down the power button and it came back on but is now stuck on the HTC Quietly Brilliant screen. It keeps getting warmer, and when I hold down the lock button the home button and back button start the flash. I have no idea what is going on but it is very annoying.

Never had that happen to my One before, but I'm starting to think that your OS might be in trouble.

Worst case scenario: Your device is bricked.

Marcelo Z

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
It's happened the same to me, unlocked phone from Amazon USA, update to the new Android versi?n (+500MB), and stuck on the "quietly brilliant" screen.
I made a recovery, a factory reset, nothing!
It starts again in the same screen.
If I shutdown the phone, its restart alone.
It's no rooted, factory settings, used as a regular user, just installed apps from the shop.
The big problem is that I live in Argentina.
If someone knows how to fix it, I appreciate this help so much.

Marcelo Z

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Someone from HTC told me that the version of this update is not available for latin america, but, android, ask me to do this update.-
Then, they put me an email with the instructions to wipe data/factory reset.-
The procedure is like this.

With the phone turned off, touch vol- and the button on/off.-
Select the RECOVERY option.
Once the red triangule appears, touch vol+ and the button on/off, release both at the same time.-
A new menu is displayed, select "wipe data/factory reset".-
After this, another menu is displayed, select "yes--dele all user date".-
The OS make some procedures and the we need to select "reboot system now".-
After that, the support, told me that the phone will init with the factory configuration.

No way, same problem happened.
One thing, during the procedure, the next messages displayed on screen:
delete all user data
Mount SDCARD failed 1 times
Mount SDCARD failed 2 times
Mount SDCARD failed 3 times
Mount SDCARD failed 4 times
Mount SDCARD failed 5 times
Can not mount SD Card. (No such file or directory)

I still don't know what to do.-
I'm very concerned...

Marcelo Z

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Same answer to me!
I have to send it to USA and they don?t send me back to my country, they only sent the phone to an address in USA.-
I can't believe this situation, they offers to me to make an update and no one warning about that this update in not for latinamerica...

Marcelo Z

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
My phone is an unlocked phone, not from AT&T and, this update need to be with the android OS working ok.-
My phone did not start.
Just stops on the start screen "HTC quietly brilliant", I'm starting to hate that phrase...

Marcelo Z

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Please try the "Manual system update instructions" in the following RUU update methodology.. Please note that this needs a 1.1 GB download and also will wipe your entire phone..

Support - ‎HTC One (AT&T) ‎ Product Support - News & download

My phone is an unlocked phone, not from AT&T and, this update need to be with the android OS working ok.-
My phone did not start.
Just stops on the start screen "HTC quietly brilliant", I'm starting to hate that phrase...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae