Soon to be new to android

hartpump

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I've narrowed down my choice to HTC One or the G S 4. I would love some opinions from people who have the HTC One. Thanks. Oh and i am jumping the apple ship to do this.

harihacker

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I do own both HTC One (AT&T, unlocked) and an S4 (from sprint) and I could say that I love my HTC One more. One thing that you may need to note is that its battery life is not the best in HTC One. If you could adapt/like Sense 5, then HTC One is the ONE for you.

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I went from an iPhone 4 to a 1 and I love it. My battery lasts all day with no problems. GPS is not as efficient and it can't charge as fast as an iPhone when running. But I wouldn't trade it. I really love how much I can do with it. Never owned an S4 so I can't offer anything on that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
The HTC One has a Power Saver Mode where apps are updated only when being used, not in the background, and the processor speed is slowed a bit. The Power Saver is very effective and the performance of the HTC One does not suffer..
Three things that are major contributors to battery drain are A.) distance from the nearest tower, B) the amount of time that the display is on, and C) if GPS is enabled. You can't do much about A, and you can keep GPS turned off until you need it. For most folks, the battery on the One will last all day, unless they have their face staring at the lit screen for hours on end.
Google around and you will find many instances of the HTC One being the favorite smartphone among users. (Phonedog, people's choice)
also:.http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-htc-one/314601-i-love-my-htc-one.html

HTH

ET1078

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to Android myself having gone from an Iphone 4s to the HTC One and I absolutely love it. Before I made my choice I spent about a week doing research and comparing the phones I was interested in which oddly enough did not include the HTC. I looked at the GS4 and the Moto X initially online and then went to Best Buy to get my hands on them and while I was chatting with the Best Buy mobile folks it was suggested I might look at the One as well. So, back to the drawing board I went and after a bit more reading I eliminated the S4, it sounded like Samsung just loaded that thing down with bloated software, and other features which sounded nice but were either not that nice or stuff I wouldn't necessarily use that often.

So, that left me with the HTC One and the Moto X and after thinking about what I use my phone for (outside of phone calls obviously) I decided on the One because I liked the idea of the front mounted speakers, I liked the build quality, and the 32gb starting model (which is more than enough space for me especially using google to stream music instead of storing it on my phone) and the One felt better in my hand when I compared the two at the store.

So, there you have it, that was why I made my choice and I ended up with the blue HTC One and couldn't be happier.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2