Got new apps after 4.3 upgrade!!!???

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
After the upgrade, I can see the following new apps and I am unable to uninstall them. Did ATT just add them to their list?

1. ATT Code Scanner
  2. ATT Ready2Go
  3. WildTangent Games App
  4. KeyVPN
  5. Wi-Fi Hotspot

I can assure you they were not present before the upgrade and also confirm I dont have any dodgy app that could have downloaded these other apps!

Does anybody these? Easiest way is to open app drawer and scroll to the bottom to find these apps.

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Same here. One of the first things I did was disable them all and then hide them from the app drawer.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
For real. I also noticed the carrier string in the corner is now persistent. It used to go away after a few seconds.

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. It's staying on screen for me. Perhaps there is a setting somewhere.

Last edited:

shadow536

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I got the same issue. It stays there... I'll try to see what I can do. I notice that if I put airplane mode on, it will constantly say "Airplane mode is on" in that area too.

shadow536

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Multiple restarts and other random methods have not helped with the AT&T logo. If there are no notifications to display in the top left of the status bar, it says AT&T. It doesn't fade away unless there is a notification...

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Multiple restarts and other random methods have not helped with the AT&T logo. If there are no notifications to display in the top left of the status bar, it says AT&T. It doesn't fade away unless there is a notification...

I don't have that problem.

Posted via Android Central App

pbtxit

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I use the Power Toggles notification widget and that makes the AT&T label go away. Don't know why but it works.

Topdown77027

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The Wi-Fi app just seems to be a faster way to get to the Internet sharing/Hot Spot abilities of the HTC One. It used to be buried in the Wireless and Networks settings, now it's faster to access if you use it often and want to leave the app on one of your home screens.

garyf33

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Mine is the same way unless I have a notification showing, once I clear the notification though AT&T comes back. Not a big deal though to me.

ET1078

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
So I have extra phone, camrea, internet, power, and usage icons in my app drawer after the update...any thoughts on what to do with these?

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
So I have extra phone, camrea, internet, power, and usage icons in my app drawer after the update...any thoughts on what to do with these?

Before the update any icon in the quick launch bar wouldn't show up in the app drawer. That was changed with this update.

ET1078

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Ah, didn't see that in the change list, can they be hidden from the app drawer or do I need to just stick them in a folder or something?

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Ah, didn't see that in the change list, can they be hidden from the app drawer or do I need to just stick them in a folder or something?

Just put them in a folder. If you hide them it will remove them from the quick launcher.

pfilias

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'd say the dirtiest new app is the Wild Tangent Games app. You open it and it starts downloading games right away. The worst thing about it is that these games are ad-based. You can't uninstall this app. All you can do is disable it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma